Near-Complete Sequence of a Highly Divergent Reovirus Genome Recovered from Callinectes sapidus.
JournalMicrobiology Resource Announcements
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis report describes the sequence of a reovirus genome, discovered in Callinectes sapidus in Brazil. The genome sequence of Callinectes sapidus reovirus 2 (CsRV2) consists of 12 segments that encode 13 putative proteins. The predicted RNA-dependent RNA polymerase is highly similar to that of Eriocheir sinensis reovirus 905, suggesting that CsRV2 also belongs to the genus Cardoreovirus.
Rights/TermsCopyright © 2021 Zhao et al.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14398
- Genome Sequence Analysis of CsRV1: A Pathogenic Reovirus that Infects the Blue Crab Callinectes sapidus Across Its Trans-Hemispheric Range.
- Authors: Flowers EM, Bachvaroff TR, Warg JV, Neill JD, Killian ML, Vinagre AS, Brown S, Almeida AS, Schott EJ
- Issue date: 2016
- High prevalence of CsRV2 in cultured Callinectes danae: Potential impacts on soft-shell crab production in Brazil.
- Authors: Prestes Dos Santos Tavares C, Zhao M, Lopes Vogt É, Felipe Argenta Model J, Sommer Vinagre A, de Assis Teixeira da Silva U, Ostrensky A, James Schott E
- Issue date: 2022 May
- Histopathological characterization and in situ detection of Callinectes sapidus reovirus.
- Authors: Tang KF, Messick GA, Pantoja CR, Redman RM, Lightner DV
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Isolation and partial characterization of a new reovirus in the Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis H Milne Edwards.
- Authors: Zhang S, Bonami JR
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Prevalence of the pathogenic crustacean virus Callinectes sapidus reovirus 1 near flow-through blue crab aquaculture in Chesapeake Bay, USA.
- Authors: Flowers EM, Johnson AF, Aguilar R, Schott EJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 4