AuthorKevadiya, Bhavesh D
Oleynikov, Maxim D
Blomberg, Wilson R
Senan, Ahmed M
Gurumurthy, Channabasavaiah B
Reid, St Patrick M
Gendelman, Howard E
JournalJournal of NeuroImmune Pharmacology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe COVID-19 pandemic has affected more than 38 million people world-wide by person to person transmission of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Therapeutic and preventative strategies for SARS-CoV-2 remains a significant challenge. Within the past several months, effective treatment options have emerged and now include repurposed antivirals, corticosteroids and virus-specific antibodies. The latter has included convalescence plasma and monoclonal antibodies. Complete viral eradication will be achieved through an effective, safe and preventative vaccine. To now provide a comprehensive summary for each of the pharmacotherapeutics and preventative strategies being offered or soon to be developed for SARS-CoV-2. Graphical abstract: [Figure not available: see fulltext.].
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14375
- The British variant of the new coronavirus-19 (Sars-Cov-2) should not create a vaccine problem.
- Authors: Conti P, Caraffa A, Gallenga CE, Kritas SK, Frydas I, Younes A, Di Emidio P, Tetè G, Pregliasco F, Ronconi G
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 30
- Repurposing Therapeutics for Potential Treatment of SARS-CoV-2: A Review.
- Authors: Santos J, Brierley S, Gandhi MJ, Cohen MA, Moschella PC, Declan ABL
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 30
- COVID-19 Vaccine: A comprehensive status report.
- Authors: Kaur SP, Gupta V
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 15
- Rapid in vitro assays for screening neutralizing antibodies and antivirals against SARS-CoV-2.
- Authors: Park JG, Oladunni FS, Chiem K, Ye C, Pipenbrink M, Moran T, Walter MR, Kobie J, Martinez-Sobrido L
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Consensus summary report for CEPI/BC March 12-13, 2020 meeting: Assessment of risk of disease enhancement with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Authors: Lambert PH, Ambrosino DM, Andersen SR, Baric RS, Black SB, Chen RT, Dekker CL, Didierlaurent AM, Graham BS, Martin SD, Molrine DC, Perlman S, Picard-Fraser PA, Pollard AJ, Qin C, Subbarao K, Cramer JP
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 26