Policy statement from the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA): Only medical contraindications should be accepted as a reason for not receiving all routine immunizations as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
AuthorWeber, David J
Talbot, Thomas R
JournalInfection Control and Hospital Epidemiology
PublisherCambridge University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSHEA endorses adhering to the recommendations by the CDC and ACIP for immunizations of all children and adults. All persons providing clinical care should be familiar with these recommendations and should routinely assess immunization compliance of their patients and strongly recommend all routine immunizations to patients. All healthcare personnel (HCP) should be immunized against vaccine-preventable diseases as recommended by the CDC/ACIP (unless immunity is demonstrated by another recommended method). SHEA endorses the policy that immunization should be a condition of employment or functioning (students, contract workers, volunteers, etc) at a healthcare facility. Only recognized medical contraindications should be accepted for not receiving recommended immunizations. ©
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14339
- Recommendations for using smallpox vaccine in a pre-event vaccination program. Supplemental recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC).
- Authors: Wharton M, Strikas RA, Harpaz R, Rotz LD, Schwartz B, Casey CG, Pearson ML, Anderson LJ, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices., Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.
- Issue date: 2003 Apr 4
- Prevention of measles, rubella, congenital rubella syndrome, and mumps, 2013: summary recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- Authors: McLean HQ, Fiebelkorn AP, Temte JL, Wallace GS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 14
- Immunization of health-care personnel: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- Authors: Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 25
- Suicidal Ideation
- Authors: Harmer B, Lee S, Duong TvH, Saadabadi A
- Issue date: 2020 Jan