Potential caveats of putative microglia-specific markers for assessment of age-related cerebrovascular neuroinflammation.
Blasco-Conesa, Maria P
Mamun, Abdullah A
Ritzel, Rodney M
Ganesh, Bhanu P
McCullough, Louise D
JournalJournal of Neuroinflammation
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate that Tmem119 and P2RY12 expression is evident within both CD45int and CD45high myeloid populations in models of stroke, CAA, and aging. Interestingly, LPS stimulation of FACS-sorted adult microglia suggested that these brain-resident myeloid cells can upregulate CD45 and downregulate Tmem119 and P2RY12, making them indistinguishable from peripherally derived myeloid populations. Importantly, our findings show that these changes in the molecular signatures of microglia can occur without a contribution from the other brain-resident or peripherally sourced immune cells.
Brain infiltrating myeloid cells
Cerebral amyloid angiopathy
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14204
- A novel Tmem119-tdTomato reporter mouse model for studying microglia in the central nervous system.
- Authors: Ruan C, Sun L, Kroshilina A, Beckers L, De Jager P, Bradshaw EM, Hasson SA, Yang G, Elyaman W
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Regulation of microglial TMEM119 and P2RY12 immunoreactivity in multiple sclerosis white and grey matter lesions is dependent on their inflammatory environment.
- Authors: van Wageningen TA, Vlaar E, Kooij G, Jongenelen CAM, Geurts JJG, van Dam AM
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 11
- Sex Differences in Acute Neuroinflammation after Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury Are Mediated by Infiltrating Myeloid Cells.
- Authors: Doran SJ, Ritzel RM, Glaser EP, Henry RJ, Faden AI, Loane DJ
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 1
- Unique molecular characteristics and microglial origin of Kv1.3 channel-positive brain myeloid cells in Alzheimer's disease.
- Authors: Ramesha S, Rayaprolu S, Bowen CA, Giver CR, Bitarafan S, Nguyen HM, Gao T, Chen MJ, Nwabueze N, Dammer EB, Engstrom AK, Xiao H, Pennati A, Seyfried NT, Katz DJ, Galipeau J, Wulff H, Waller EK, Wood LB, Levey AI, Rangaraju S
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 16
- Convergence between Microglia and Peripheral Macrophages Phenotype during Development and Neuroinflammation.
- Authors: Grassivaro F, Menon R, Acquaviva M, Ottoboni L, Ruffini F, Bergamaschi A, Muzio L, Farina C, Martino G
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 22