cAMP levels regulate macrophage alternative activation marker expression
PublisherSAGE Publications Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe capacity for macrophages to polarize into distinct functional activation states (e.g., M1, M2) is critical to tune an inflammatory response to the relevant infection or injury. Alternative or M2 polarization of macrophages is most often achieved in vitro in response to IL-4/IL-13 and results in the transcriptional up-regulation of a constellation of characteristic M2 marker genes. In vivo, additional signals from the inflammatory milieu can further increase or decrease M2 marker expression. Particularly, activation of cAMP-generating G protein-coupled receptors is reported to increase M2 markers, but whether this is strictly dependent upon cAMP production is unclear. We report herein that increased cAMP alone can increase IL-4-dependent M2 marker expression through a PKA/C/EBPβ/CREB dependent pathway in murine macrophages.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14200
- GRK2 Mediated Abnormal Transduction of PGE2-EP4-cAMP-CREB Signaling Induces the Imbalance of Macrophages Polarization in Collagen-Induced Arthritis Mice.
- Authors: Yang X, Li S, Zhao Y, Li S, Zhao T, Tai Y, Zhang B, Wang X, Wang C, Chen J, Wang Q, Zhang L, Xu D, Chang Y, Wei W
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 8
- Cyclic AMP Pathway Suppress Autoimmune Neuroinflammation by Inhibiting Functions of Encephalitogenic CD4 T Cells and Enhancing M2 Macrophage Polarization at the Site of Inflammation.
- Authors: Veremeyko T, Yung AWY, Dukhinova M, Kuznetsova IS, Pomytkin I, Lyundup A, Strekalova T, Barteneva NS, Ponomarev ED
- Issue date: 2018
- Both classic Gs-cAMP/PKA/CREB and alternative Gs-cAMP/PKA/p38β/CREB signal pathways mediate exenatide-stimulated expression of M2 microglial markers.
- Authors: Wu HY, Tang XQ, Liu H, Mao XF, Wang YX
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 15
- Cyclic AMP Regulates Key Features of Macrophages via PKA: Recruitment, Reprogramming and Efferocytosis.
- Authors: Negreiros-Lima GL, Lima KM, Moreira IZ, Jardim BLO, Vago JP, Galvão I, Teixeira LCR, Pinho V, Teixeira MM, Sugimoto MA, Sousa LP
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 6
- Up-regulation of IL-4 production by the activated cAMP/cAMP-dependent protein kinase (protein kinase A) pathway in CD3/CD28-stimulated naive T cells.
- Authors: Tokoyoda K, Tsujikawa K, Matsushita H, Ono Y, Hayashi T, Harada Y, Abe R, Kubo M, Yamamoto H
- Issue date: 2004 May