Epidemiologic and Microbiologic Characteristics of Hospitalized Patients Co-colonized With Multiple Species of Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae in the United States
Harris, Anthony D
Johnson, J Kristie
Calfee, David P
Miller, Loren G
Nguyen, M Hong
Morgan, Daniel J
Goodman, Katherine E
O'Hara, Lyndsay M
JournalOpen Forum Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe describe the epidemiologic and microbiologic characteristics of patients co-colonized with different species of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) from 5 hospitals in 4 states. Twenty-eight of 313 patients (8.9%) were co-colonized with at least 2 different CRE species. Different species within the same patient showed identical mechanism resistance in 18/28 (64%) cases.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2020. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14188
- Multicenter Study of the Risk Factors for Colonization or Infection with Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae in Children.
- Authors: Chiotos K, Tamma PD, Flett KB, Naumann M, Karandikar MV, Bilker WB, Zaoutis T, Han JH
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae colonization (CRE) and subsequent risk of infection and 90-day mortality in critically ill patients, an observational study.
- Authors: McConville TH, Sullivan SB, Gomez-Simmonds A, Whittier S, Uhlemann AC
- Issue date: 2017
- Intestinal Dysbiosis in Carriers of Carbapenem-Resistant <i>Enterobacteriaceae</i>.
- Authors: Korach-Rechtman H, Hreish M, Fried C, Gerassy-Vainberg S, Azzam ZS, Kashi Y, Berger G
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 29
- How frequently are hospitalized patients colonized with carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) already on contact precautions for other indications?
- Authors: Goodman KE, Simner PJ, Klein EY, Kazmi AQ, Gadala A, Rock C, Tamma PD, Cosgrove SE, Maragakis LL, Milstone AM, CDC Prevention Epicenters Program.
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae colonization and infection in critically ill patients: a retrospective matched cohort comparison with non-carriers.
- Authors: Dickstein Y, Edelman R, Dror T, Hussein K, Bar-Lavie Y, Paul M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep