Evaluation of different ways to identify persistent positivity of lupus anticoagulant in systemic lupus erythematosus
JournalLupus Science & Medicine
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAmong the 785 patients included in our analysis, the prevalence of persistent lupus anticoagulant as defined by the first two patient assessments was 4.3%. Annual assessment resulted in a prevalence of 6.6%, and using all 16 assessments resulted in a prevalence of 10.5%. The prevalence was substantially higher in men than in women, and in Caucasians than in African-Americans (p<0.01 for all comparisons). The rate of thrombosis was significantly elevated among those with persistently positive lupus anticoagulant by any definition (HR ranging from 2.75 to 3.42) relative to those without persistently positive lupus anticoagulant.
Rights/Terms© Author(s) (or their employer(s)) 2020. Re-use permitted under CC BY-NC. No commercial re-use. See rights and permissions. Published by BMJ.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14108
- Anti-beta2-glycoprotein I: prevalence, clinical correlations, and importance of persistent positivity in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: Danowski A, Kickler TS, Petri M
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Loss of antiphospholipid antibody positivity post-thrombosis in SLE.
- Authors: Khawaja M, Magder L, Goldman D, Petri MA
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in children with systemic lupus erythematosus: a long-term clinical and laboratory follow-up status study from northwest India.
- Authors: Ahluwalia J, Singh S, Naseem S, Suri D, Rawat A, Gupta A, Masih J, Bose S
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and non-thrombotic manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: İlgen U, Yayla ME, Ateş A, Okatan İE, Yurteri EU, Torgutalp M, Keleşoğlu ABD, Turgay TM, Kınıklı G
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Assessment of the independent associations of IgG, IgM and IgA isotypes of anticardiolipin with thrombosis in SLE.
- Authors: Domingues V, Magder LS, Petri M
- Issue date: 2016