Predictors of first-line antiretroviral therapy failure among adults and adolescents living with HIV/AIDS in a large prevention and treatment program in Nigeria
Quiñones-Mateu, Miguel E
Crowell, Trevor A
Shafer, Robert W
Charurat, Manhattan E
JournalAIDS Research and Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA retrospective cohort study was conducted at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, a tertiary health care facility, using data from February 2005 to December 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria. All PLWH aged ≥ 15 years who initiated ART with at least 6-month follow-up and one CD4 measurement were included. Immunologic failure was defined as a CD4 decrease to or below pre-ART level or persistent CD4 < 100 cells per mm3 after 6 months on ART. Virologic failure (VF) was defined as two consecutive HIV-1 RNA levels > 1000 copies/mL after at least 6 months of ART and enhanced adherence counselling. HIV drug resistance (Sanger sequences) was analyzed using the Stanford HIV database algorithm and scored for resistance to common nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). Univariate and multivariate log binomial regression models were used to estimate relative risks (RRs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14061
- Prevalence and characteristics of HIV drug resistance among antiretroviral treatment (ART) experienced adolescents and young adults living with HIV in Ndola, Zambia.
- Authors: Miti S, Handema R, Mulenga L, Mwansa JK, Abrams E, Frimpong C, Burke VM, Zulu M, Siwingwa M, Mwakazanga D, Kalibala S, Denison JA
- Issue date: 2020
- Tenofovir or zidovudine in three-drug combination therapy with one nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor and one non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor for initial treatment of HIV infection in antiretroviral-naïve individuals.
- Authors: Spaulding A, Rutherford GW, Siegfried N
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 6
- Antiretroviral resistance patterns and factors associated with resistance in adult patients failing NNRTI-based regimens in the Western Cape, South Africa.
- Authors: van Zyl GU, van der Merwe L, Claassen M, Zeier M, Preiser W
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Abacavir-based triple nucleoside regimens for maintenance therapy in patients with HIV.
- Authors: Cruciani M, Mengoli C, Serpelloni G, Parisi SG, Malena M, Bosco O
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 5
- HIV-1 drug resistance testing is essential for heavily-treated patients switching from first- to second-line regimens in resource-limited settings: evidence from routine clinical practice in Cameroon.
- Authors: Takou D, Fokam J, Teto G, Santoro MM, Ceccherini-Silberstein F, Nanfack AJ, Sosso SM, Dambaya B, Salpini R, Billong SC, Gori C, Fokunang CN, Cappelli G, Colizzi V, Perno CF, Ndjolo A
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 12