Effect of body mass index on serum urate and renal uric acid handling responses to an oral inosine load: experimental intervention study in healthy volunteers
Gamble, Gregory D
Woodward, Owen M
Stamp, Lisa K
Merriman, Tony R
JournalArthritis Research & Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFollowing an overnight fast, 100 healthy participants without gout attended a study visit. Blood and urine samples were taken prior to and over 180 min after 1.5 g oral inosine. Serum urate and fractional excretion of uric acid (FEUA) were analysed according to high BMI (≥ 25 kg/m2) and low/normal BMI (< 25 kg/m2) groups, and according to BMI as a continuous variable.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14060
- Body mass index modulates the relationship of sugar-sweetened beverage intake with serum urate concentrations and gout.
- Authors: Dalbeth N, Phipps-Green A, House ME, Gamble GD, Horne A, Stamp LK, Merriman TR
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 22
- Patients with gout differ from healthy subjects in renal response to changes in serum uric acid.
- Authors: Liu S, Perez-Ruiz F, Miner JN
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Influence of genetic variants on renal uric acid handling in response to frusemide: an acute intervention study.
- Authors: Dalbeth N, Allan J, Gamble GD, Phipps-Green A, Flynn TJ, Mihov B, Horne A, Doughty R, Stamp LK, Merriman TR
- Issue date: 2017
- Influence of the ABCG2 gout risk 141 K allele on urate metabolism during a fructose challenge.
- Authors: Dalbeth N, House ME, Gamble GD, Pool B, Horne A, Purvis L, Stewart A, Merriman M, Cadzow M, Phipps-Green A, Merriman TR
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 30
- Population-specific factors associated with fractional excretion of uric acid.
- Authors: Narang RK, Vincent Z, Phipps-Green A, Stamp LK, Merriman TR, Dalbeth N
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 12