Advancing Our Pharmacy Reformation - Accelerating Education and Practice Transformation: Report of the 2019-2020 Argus Commission.
AuthorChair, Patricia A Chase
Allen, David D
Boyle, Cynthia J
DiPiro, Joseph T
Scott, Steven A
Maine, Lucinda L
JournalAmerican Journal of Pharmaceutical Education
PublisherAmerican Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Argus Commission examined changes that should be considered by colleges and schools of pharmacy to meet the bold aim of better integrating pharmacists’ and physicians’ practices articulated by President Sorensen. The Commission assessed the readiness of pharmacy educators to contribute to the acceleration of practice transformation. The primary focus of the report is on how the doctor of pharmacy curriculum and post-graduate training might be modified and better aligned to ensure that graduates complete their education ready to engage in roles partnered with primary care clinicians. The aim is to achieve comprehensive medication management and other pharmacist patient care services as standards of care. The Argus Commission provides preliminary recommendations for new or more intensified priorities by the 2020-21 AACP Strategic Planning Committee as they update the AACP plan. This includes the recommendation that AACP should create the Center for Academic Innovation and Practice Transformation, a hub to coordinate many current and emerging activities relevant to accelerating change in pharmacy education and practice.
Rights/Terms© 2020 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
Keywordearly career awareness
well-being and resilience
early career guidance
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/14052
- The Report of the 2016-2017 Professional Affairs Standing Committee: Formally Embracing and Engaging Preceptors in the Academy - The Time Has Come.
- Authors: Chair KW, Aistrope DS, Ausili J, Besinque KH, Cardello EA, Hritcko PM, MacKinnon GE 3rd, Maroyka E, Burke ES, Trent IS, Bradley-Baker LR
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Report of the 2019-2020 AACP Student Affairs Standing Committee.
- Authors: Welch BE, Arif SA, Bloom TJ, Isaacs AN, Janke KK, Johnson JL, Moseley LE, Ross LJ
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Implementation Science to Advance Practice and Curricular Transformation: Report of the 2019-2020 AACP Research and Graduate Affairs Committee.
- Authors: Chair GK, Bacci JL, Chui MA, Farley J, Gannett PM, Holstad SG, Livet M, Farrell D
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Report of the 2018-2019 Research and Graduate Affairs Committee.
- Authors: O'Donnell JM, Anand S, Brown SD, Fuji KT, Guy RK, Kawaguchi-Suzuki M, Meier KE, Nelson CE, Vyas A, Block KF, Farrell DF
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Advancing Pharmacy Education and Workforce Development Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic: Report of the 2020-2021 AACP Academic Affairs Committee.
- Authors: Bzowyckyj AS, Blake E, Crabtree B, Edwards KL, Franks AM, Gonyeau M, Rospond R, Turner K, Gandhi N, Ragucci KR
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 22