Whole genome sequencing data of multiple individuals of Pakistani descent.
AuthorKhan, Shahid Y
Lee, Mei-Chong W
Khan, Asma A
Naeem, Muhammad Asif
Hejtmancik, J Fielding
Riazuddin, S Amer
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere we report whole genome sequencing of four individuals (H3, H4, H5, and H6) from a family of Pakistani descent. Whole genome sequencing yielded 1084.92, 894.73, 1068.62, and 1005.77 million mapped reads corresponding to 162.73, 134.21, 160.29, and 150.86 Gb sequence data and 52.49x, 43.29x, 51.70x, and 48.66x average coverage for H3, H4, H5, and H6, respectively. We identified 3,529,659, 3,478,495, 3,407,895, and 3,426,862 variants in the genomes of H3, H4, H5, and H6, respectively, including 1,668,024 variants common in the four genomes. Further, we identified 42,422, 39,824, 28,599, and 35,206 novel variants in the genomes of H3, H4, H5, and H6, respectively. A major fraction of the variants identified in the four genomes reside within the intergenic regions of the genome. Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotype based comparative analysis with ethnic populations of 1000 Genomes database linked the ancestry of all four genomes with the South Asian populations, which was further supported by mitochondria based haplogroup analysis. In conclusion, we report whole genome sequencing of four individuals of Pakistani descent. © 2020, The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13989
- Whole genome sequencing data for two individuals of Pakistani descent.
- Authors: Khan SY, Kabir F, M'Hamdi O, Jiao X, Naeem MA, Khan SN, Riazuddin S, Hejtmancik JF, Riazuddin SA
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 11
- Deep whole-genome sequencing of 90 Han Chinese genomes.
- Authors: Lan T, Lin H, Zhu W, Laurent TCAM, Yang M, Liu X, Wang J, Wang J, Yang H, Xu X, Guo X
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 1
- Complete genome sequencing and variant analysis of a Pakistani individual.
- Authors: Azim MK, Yang C, Yan Z, Choudhary MI, Khan A, Sun X, Li R, Asif H, Sharif S, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Evaluation of whole-genome sequencing of four Chinese crested dogs for variant detection using the ion proton system.
- Authors: Viluma A, Sayyab S, Mikko S, Andersson G, Bergström TF
- Issue date: 2015
- Genomic variants identified from whole-genome resequencing of indicine cattle breeds from Pakistan.
- Authors: Iqbal N, Liu X, Yang T, Huang Z, Hanif Q, Asif M, Khan QM, Mansoor S
- Issue date: 2019