AbstractThe School of Nursing was founded in 1889 in the University of Maryland University Hospital. The school was under the leadership of a superintendent of nurses and was part of the School of Medicine. When the Maryland State College of Agriculture (College Park) and the University of Maryland (Baltimore) merged in 1920, the School of Nursing became its own entity but remained under the administrative control of the University Hospital. This post outlines the cost of attendance, matriculation requirements, and the makeup of the student and faculty body in the 1920-21 academic year.
DescriptionContent written for the HS/HSL News, a blog for the Health Sciences and Human Services Library at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
Series/Report No.1920: A Look Back 100 Years Ago
Rights/TermsAttribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
University of Maryland merger
University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore. School of Nursing
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13894
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International