Pathologic complete response (pCR) rates and outcomes after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy with proton or photon radiation for adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junction.
AuthorDeCesaris, Cristina M
Choi, J Isabelle
Carr, Shamus R
Burrows, Whitney M
Regine, William F
Simone, Charles B
Molitoris, Jason K
JournalJournal of gastrointestinal oncology
PublisherAME Publishing Company
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA single-institutional review of patients with distal esophageal adenocarcinoma treated with trimodality therapy from 2015-2018 using PBT was completed. PBT patients were matched 1:2 to patients treated with photons. Chi square and two-sample t-tests were utilized to compare characteristics, and the Kaplan Meier method was used to estimate oncologic endpoints.
Rights/Terms2020 Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13830
- Induction chemotherapy improved outcomes of patients with resectable esophageal cancer who received chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery.
- Authors: Jin J, Liao Z, Zhang Z, Ajani J, Swisher S, Chang JY, Jeter M, Guerrero T, Stevens CW, Vaporciyan A, Putnam J Jr, Walsh G, Smythe R, Roth J, Yao J, Allen P, Cox JD, Komaki R
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 1
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for esophageal or GEJ adenocarcinoma: A propensity score-matched analysis comparing toxicity, pathologic outcome, and survival.
- Authors: Goense L, van der Sluis PC, van Rossum PSN, van der Horst S, Meijer GJ, Haj Mohammad N, van Vulpen M, Mook S, Ruurda JP, van Hillegersberg R
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Preoperative Chemoradiotherapy Versus Perioperative Chemotherapy for Patients With Resectable Esophageal or Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Anderegg MCJ, van der Sluis PC, Ruurda JP, Gisbertz SS, Hulshof MCCM, van Vulpen M, Mohammed NH, van Laarhoven HWM, Wiezer MJ, Los M, van Berge Henegouwen MI, van Hillegersberg R
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Proton beam therapy and concurrent chemotherapy for esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Lin SH, Komaki R, Liao Z, Wei C, Myles B, Guo X, Palmer M, Mohan R, Swisher SG, Hofstetter WL, Ajani JA, Cox JD
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 1
- Severe lymphopenia during neoadjuvant chemoradiation for esophageal cancer: A propensity matched analysis of the relative risk of proton versus photon-based radiation therapy.
- Authors: Shiraishi Y, Fang P, Xu C, Song J, Krishnan S, Koay EJ, Mehran RJ, Hofstetter WL, Blum-Murphy M, Ajani JA, Komaki R, Minsky B, Mohan R, Hsu CC, Hobbs BP, Lin SH
- Issue date: 2018 Jul