Intratumoral generation of photothermal gold nanoparticles through a vectorized biomineralization of ionic gold
AuthorSchwartz-Duval, Aaron S
Konopka, Christian J
Daza, Enrique A
Johnson, Elyse V
Kampert, Taylor L
Dobrucki, Lawrence W
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVarious cancer cells have been demonstrated to have the capacity to form plasmonic gold nanoparticles when chloroauric acid is introduced to their cellular microenvironment. But their biomedical applications are limited, particularly considering the millimolar concentrations and longer incubation period of ionic gold. Here, we describe a simplistic method of intracellular biomineralization to produce plasmonic gold nanoparticles at micromolar concentrations within 30 min of application utilizing polyethylene glycol as delivery vector for ionic gold. We have characterized this process for intracellular gold nanoparticle formation, which progressively accumulates proteins as the ionic gold clusters migrate to the nucleus. This nano-vectorized application of ionic gold emphasizes its potential biomedical opportunities while reducing the quantity of ionic gold and required incubation time. To demonstrate its biomedical potential, we further induce in-situ biosynthesis of gold nanoparticles within MCF7 tumor mouse xenografts which is followed by its photothermal remediation. © 2020, The Author(s).
intracellular gold nanoparticle formation
plasmonic gold nanoparticles
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13716
- The tumor-targeting core-shell structured DTX-loaded PLGA@Au nanoparticles for chemo-photothermal therapy and X-ray imaging.
- Authors: Hao Y, Zhang B, Zheng C, Ji R, Ren X, Guo F, Sun S, Shi J, Zhang H, Zhang Z, Wang L, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 28
- Gold Nanoparticle Coated Carbon Nanotube Ring with Enhanced Raman Scattering and Photothermal Conversion Property for Theranostic Applications.
- Authors: Song J, Wang F, Yang X, Ning B, Harp MG, Culp SH, Hu S, Huang P, Nie L, Chen J, Chen X
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 8
- A novel gold-based stimuli-responsive theranostic nanomedicine for chemo-photothermal therapy of solid tumors.
- Authors: Mahmoodzadeh F, Abbasian M, Jaymand M, Salehi R, Bagherzadeh-Khajehmarjan E
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 1
- Polymer decorated gold nanoparticles in nanomedicine conjugates.
- Authors: Capek I
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- A Multi-Functional Tumor Theranostic Nanoplatform for MRI Guided Photothermal-Chemotherapy.
- Authors: Shi J, Wang B, Chen Z, Liu W, Pan J, Hou L, Zhang Z
- Issue date: 2016 Jun