Toddler obesity prevention: A two-generation randomized attention-controlled trial
AuthorBlack, Maureen M
Hager, Erin R
Hurley, Kristen M
Latta, Laura W
Caulfield, Laura E
JournalMaternal & Child Nutrition
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground. Donor-derived cell-free DNA (dd-cfDNA) is a noninvasive plasma biomarker to evaluate for transplant allograft rejection. The relationship between infectious complications in kidney allografts and dd-cfDNA has received cursory attention in prior publications. Methods. Retrospective review of all renal transplant recipients who underwent dd-cfDNA testing between November 2017 and August 2019. Results. We report on 7 cases in whom infections affecting the transplanted kidney were associated with elevation in dd-cfDNA without concomitant rejection or elevation in serum creatinine. Five patients had BK viremia, and 2 patients had urinary tract infection associated with elevated dd-cfDNA levels. Conclusions. These observations suggest that elevations in dd-cfDNA are not specific to kidney allograft rejection and can be associated with infections affecting the transplanted kidney. This biomarker may be valuable in evaluating infectious complications of kidney allografts.
Rights/Terms© 2020 The Authors. Maternal & Child Nutrition published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
diet and physical activity intervention studies
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13670
- The effectiveness of web-based programs on the reduction of childhood obesity in school-aged children: A systematic review.
- Authors: Antwi F, Fazylova N, Garcon MC, Lopez L, Rubiano R, Slyer JT
- Issue date: 2012
- Effect of a Responsive Parenting Educational Intervention on Childhood Weight Outcomes at 3 Years of Age: The INSIGHT Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Paul IM, Savage JS, Anzman-Frasca S, Marini ME, Beiler JS, Hess LB, Loken E, Birch LL
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 7
- The effect of weight management interventions that include a diet component on weight-related outcomes in pregnant and postpartum women: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Spencer L, Rollo M, Hauck Y, MacDonald-Wicks L, Wood L, Hutchesson M, Giglia R, Smith R, Collins C
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Offspring body size and metabolic profile - effects of lifestyle intervention in obese pregnant women.
- Authors: Tanvig M
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Randomised controlled trial evaluating the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of 'Families for Health', a family-based childhood obesity treatment intervention delivered in a community setting for ages 6 to 11 years.
- Authors: Robertson W, Fleming J, Kamal A, Hamborg T, Khan KA, Griffiths F, Stewart-Brown S, Stallard N, Petrou S, Simkiss D, Harrison E, Kim SW, Thorogood M
- Issue date: 2017 Jan