Novel Mutations in CLPP, LARS2, CDH23, and COL4A5 and Identified in Familial Cases of Prelingual Hearing Loss
Shaikh, Rehan S
Ahmed, Zubair M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the underlying genetic causes of prelingual hearing loss (HL) segregating in eight large consanguineous families, ascertained from the Punjab province of Pakistan. Exome sequencing followed by segregation analysis revealed seven potentially pathogenic variants, including four novel alleles c.257G>A, c.6083A>C, c.89A>G, and c.1249A>G of CLPP, CDH23, COL4A5, and LARS2, respectively. We also identified three previously reported HL-causing variants (c.4528C>T, c.35delG, and c.1219T>C) of MYO15A, GJB2, and TMPRSS3 segregating in four families. All identified variants were either absent or had very low frequencies in the control databases. Our in silico analyses and 3-dimensional (3D) molecular modeling support the deleterious impact of these variants on the encoded proteins. Variants identified in MYO15A, GJB2, TMPRSS3, and CDH23 were classified as "pathogenic" or "likely pathogenic", while the variants in CLPP and LARS2 fall in the category of "uncertain significance" based on the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics/Association for Molecular Pathology (ACMG/AMP) variant pathogenicity guidelines. This paper highlights the genetic diversity of hearing disorders in the Pakistani population and reports the identification of four novel mutations in four HL families.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13660
- Delineation of Homozygous Variants Associated with Prelingual Sensorineural Hearing Loss in Pakistani Families.
- Authors: Noman M, Ishaq R, Bukhari SA, Ahmed ZM, Riazuddin S
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 10
- Pathogenic variants of AIPL1, MERTK, GUCY2D, and FOXE3 in Pakistani families with clinically heterogeneous eye diseases.
- Authors: Rashid M, Qasim M, Ishaq R, Bukhari SA, Sajid Z, Ashfaq UA, Haque A, Ahmed ZM
- Issue date: 2020
- Whole exome sequencing identifies novel compound heterozygous pathogenic variants in the MYO15A gene leading to autosomal recessive non-syndromic hearing loss.
- Authors: Sarmadi A, Nasrniya S, Narrei S, Nouri Z, Abtahi H, Tabatabaiefar MA
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Genetic Spectrum of Syndromic and Non-Syndromic Hearing Loss in Pakistani Families.
- Authors: Doll J, Vona B, Schnapp L, Rüschendorf F, Khan I, Khan S, Muhammad N, Alam Khan S, Nawaz H, Khan A, Ahmad N, Kolb SM, Kühlewein L, Labonne JDJ, Layman LC, Hofrichter MAH, Röder T, Dittrich M, Müller T, Graves TD, Kong IK, Nanda I, Kim HG, Haaf T
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 11
- Identification and computational analysis of USH1C, and SLC26A4 variants in Pakistani families with prelingual hearing loss.
- Authors: Noman M, Bukhari SA, Rehman S, Qasim M, Ali M, Riazuddin S, Ahmed ZM
- Issue date: 2020 Dec