Novel Mutations in CLPP, LARS2, CDH23, and COL4A5 and Identified in Familial Cases of Prelingual Hearing Loss
Shaikh, Rehan S
Ahmed, Zubair M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report the underlying genetic causes of prelingual hearing loss (HL) segregating in eight large consanguineous families, ascertained from the Punjab province of Pakistan. Exome sequencing followed by segregation analysis revealed seven potentially pathogenic variants, including four novel alleles c.257G>A, c.6083A>C, c.89A>G, and c.1249A>G of CLPP, CDH23, COL4A5, and LARS2, respectively. We also identified three previously reported HL-causing variants (c.4528C>T, c.35delG, and c.1219T>C) of MYO15A, GJB2, and TMPRSS3 segregating in four families. All identified variants were either absent or had very low frequencies in the control databases. Our in silico analyses and 3-dimensional (3D) molecular modeling support the deleterious impact of these variants on the encoded proteins. Variants identified in MYO15A, GJB2, TMPRSS3, and CDH23 were classified as "pathogenic" or "likely pathogenic", while the variants in CLPP and LARS2 fall in the category of "uncertain significance" based on the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics/Association for Molecular Pathology (ACMG/AMP) variant pathogenicity guidelines. This paper highlights the genetic diversity of hearing disorders in the Pakistani population and reports the identification of four novel mutations in four HL families.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13660
- Delineation of Homozygous Variants Associated with Prelingual Sensorineural Hearing Loss in Pakistani Families.
- Authors: Noman M, Ishaq R, Bukhari SA, Ahmed ZM, Riazuddin S
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 10
- Identification of Hearing Loss-Associated Variants of <i>PTPRQ</i>, <i>MYO15A</i>, and <i>SERPINB6</i> in Pakistani Families.
- Authors: Mahmood U, Bukhari SA, Ali M, Ahmed ZM, Riazuddin S
- Issue date: 2021
- An Application of NGS for Molecular Investigations in Perrault Syndrome: Study of 14 Families and Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Lerat J, Jonard L, Loundon N, Christin-Maitre S, Lacombe D, Goizet C, Rouzier C, Van Maldergem L, Gherbi S, Garabedian EN, Bonnefont JP, Touraine P, Mosnier I, Munnich A, Denoyelle F, Marlin S
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Homozygous mutations in Pakistani consanguineous families with prelingual nonsyndromic hearing loss.
- Authors: Park HR, Kanwal S, Lim SO, Nam DE, Choi YJ, Chung KW
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Genetic Spectrum of Syndromic and Non-Syndromic Hearing Loss in Pakistani Families.
- Authors: Doll J, Vona B, Schnapp L, Rüschendorf F, Khan I, Khan S, Muhammad N, Alam Khan S, Nawaz H, Khan A, Ahmad N, Kolb SM, Kühlewein L, Labonne JDJ, Layman LC, Hofrichter MAH, Röder T, Dittrich M, Müller T, Graves TD, Kong IK, Nanda I, Kim HG, Haaf T
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 11