Overview of the Nontyphoidal and Paratyphoidal Salmonella Vaccine Pipeline: Current Status and Future Prospects
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNontyphoidal Salmonella and Salmonella Paratyphi are responsible for significant morbidity and mortality worldwide. To date, no vaccine has been licensed against these organisms. The development of effective vaccines remains an urgent priority. In this review, the rationale for and current status of various vaccine candidates against S. Paratyphi and nontyphoidal Salmonella are presented, with a focus on the research findings from the 2019 International Conference on Typhoid and Other Invasive Salmonelloses. Additionally, other vaccine candidates that are currently undergoing clinical development are highlighted. Future approaches, which may include antigens that are genetically conserved across Salmonella and confer broad, non–serotype-specific protection, are also discussed.
Rights/Terms© The Author(s) 2020. Published by Oxford University Press for the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttp://hdl.handle.net/10713/13500
- Prospects for prevention of Salmonella infection in children through vaccination.
- Authors: McGregor AC, Waddington CS, Pollard AJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Global Action for Local Impact: The 11th International Conference on Typhoid and Other Invasive Salmonelloses.
- Authors: Duff N, Steele AD, Garrett D
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 29
- Status of paratyphoid fever vaccine research and development.
- Authors: Martin LB, Simon R, MacLennan CA, Tennant SM, Sahastrabuddhe S, Khan MI
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 3
- Vaccines for typhoid fever and other salmonelloses.
- Authors: Martin LB
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Vi Capsular Polysaccharide Produced by Recombinant <i>Salmonella enterica</i> Serovar Paratyphi A Confers Immunoprotection against Infection by <i>Salmonella enterica</i> Serovar Typhi.
- Authors: Xiong K, Zhu C, Chen Z, Zheng C, Tan Y, Rao X, Cong Y
- Issue date: 2017