Influenza or Meningococcal Immunization During Pregnancy and Mortality in Women and Infants: A Pooled Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
for BMGF Supported Maternal Influenza Immunization Trials Investigators Group
JournalThe Pediatric infectious disease journal
PublisherWolters Kluwer Health
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis analysis includes pooled data from 2 placebo-controlled maternal influenza immunization trials, with a separate analysis on a meningococcal conjugate vaccine-controlled maternal influenza immunization trial. Maternal influenza immunization was not associated with infant or maternal all-cause mortality in placebo-controlled trials. In the meningococcal conjugate vaccine-controlled trial, there were fewer deaths during low or any influenza circulation weeks among infants whose mothers received meningococcal conjugate vaccine. ClinicalTrials.gov identifiers: NCT01430689, NCT01034254 and NCT02465190.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85086346359&doi=10.1097%2fINF.0000000000002629&partnerID=40&md5=db826e1ef3cdd4848ce10a1fa31f9c07; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/13206
- Efficacy, duration of protection, birth outcomes, and infant growth associated with influenza vaccination in pregnancy: a pooled analysis of three randomised controlled trials.
- Authors: Omer SB, Clark DR, Madhi SA, Tapia MD, Nunes MC, Cutland CL, Simões EAF, Aqil AR, Katz J, Tielsch JM, Steinhoff MC, Wairagkar N, BMGF Supported Maternal Influenza Immunization Trials Investigators Group.
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Maternal immunisation with trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine for prevention of influenza in infants in Mali: a prospective, active-controlled, observer-blind, randomised phase 4 trial.
- Authors: Tapia MD, Sow SO, Tamboura B, Tégueté I, Pasetti MF, Kodio M, Onwuchekwa U, Tennant SM, Blackwelder WC, Coulibaly F, Traoré A, Keita AM, Haidara FC, Diallo F, Doumbia M, Sanogo D, DeMatt E, Schluterman NH, Buchwald A, Kotloff KL, Chen WH, Orenstein EW, Orenstein LAV, Villanueva J, Bresee J, Treanor J, Levine MM
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Year-round influenza immunisation during pregnancy in Nepal: a phase 4, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
- Authors: Steinhoff MC, Katz J, Englund JA, Khatry SK, Shrestha L, Kuypers J, Stewart L, Mullany LC, Chu HY, LeClerq SC, Kozuki N, McNeal M, Reedy AM, Tielsch JM
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Maternal Influenza Immunization and Prevention of Severe Clinical Pneumonia in Young Infants: Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials Conducted in Nepal, Mali and South Africa.
- Authors: Omer SB, Clark DR, Aqil AR, Tapia MD, Nunes MC, Kozuki N, Steinhoff MC, Madhi SA, Wairagkar N, for BMGF Supported Maternal Influenza Immunization Trials Investigators Group.
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Impact of Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) and viral influenza vaccinations in pregnancy for improving maternal, neonatal and infant health outcomes.
- Authors: Salam RA, Das JK, Dojo Soeandy C, Lassi ZS, Bhutta ZA
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 9