JournalClinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
PublisherOxford University Press
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis analysis summarizes a set of recent, innovative trials in infectious diseases that redefine previous, non-evidence based "rules" for antibiotics. Recent trials in infectious diseases have led to reconsidering the traditional treatment of infectious diseases by changing the duration or type of traditional antibiotics or evaluating new antibiotics for approval. These trials have used the noninferiority trial approach. The noninferiority trial design and recent infectious disease trials of relevance are discussed in this viewpoint. My objective was to analyze recent trials in infectious disease and consider needs for future trials.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85085535847&doi=10.1093%2fcid%2fciz984&partnerID=40&md5=75e7f25ab13325fb1b583e0d1d7f35d1; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12987
- Routine antibiotic prophylaxis after normal vaginal birth for reducing maternal infectious morbidity.
- Authors: Bonet M, Ota E, Chibueze CE, Oladapo OT
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 13
- Widening the Overton Window-While Avoiding Defenestration.
- Authors: Talbot GH
- Issue date: 2020 May 23
- Antibiotic regimens for management of intra-amniotic infection.
- Authors: Chapman E, Reveiz L, Illanes E, Bonfill Cosp X
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 19
- Targeted simplification versus antipseudomonal broad-spectrum beta-lactams in patients with bloodstream infections due to <i>Enterobacteriaceae</i> (SIMPLIFY): a study protocol for a multicentre, open-label, phase III randomised, controlled, non-inferiority clinical trial.
- Authors: López-Cortés LE, Rosso-Fernández C, Núñez-Núñez M, Lavín-Alconero L, Bravo-Ferrer J, Barriga Á, Delgado M, Lupión C, Retamar P, Rodríguez-Baño J, SIMPLIFY Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 9
- Antimicrobial agents for complicated skin and skin-structure infections: justification of noninferiority margins in the absence of placebo-controlled trials.
- Authors: Spellberg B, Talbot GH, Boucher HW, Bradley JS, Gilbert D, Scheld WM, Edwards J Jr, Bartlett JG, Antimicrobial Availability Task Force of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 1