Chest CT and Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): A Critical Review of the Literature to Date
JournalAJR. American journal of roentgenology
PublisherAmerican Roentgen Ray Society
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOBJECTIVE. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a global pandemic. Studies in the radiology literature have suggested that CT might be sufficiently sensitive and specific in diagnosing COVID-19 when used in lieu of a reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction test; however, this suggestion runs counter to current society guidelines. The purpose of this article is to critically review some of the most frequently cited studies on the use of CT for detecting COVID-19. CONCLUSION. To date, the radiology literature on COVID-19 has consisted of limited retrospective studies that do not substantiate the use of CT as a diagnostic test for COVID-19.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85083865761&doi=10.2214%2fAJR.20.23202&partnerID=40&md5=6fef88d6a10fad08450ead031cfbc336; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12697
- Thoracic imaging tests for the diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Authors: Salameh JP, Leeflang MM, Hooft L, Islam N, McGrath TA, van der Pol CB, Frank RA, Prager R, Hare SS, Dennie C, Spijker R, Deeks JJ, Dinnes J, Jenniskens K, Korevaar DA, Cohen JF, Van den Bruel A, Takwoingi Y, van de Wijgert J, Damen JA, Wang J, Cochrane COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Accuracy Group., McInnes MD
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 30
- COVID-19 pneumonia: what is the role of imaging in diagnosis?
- Authors: Araujo-Filho JAB, Sawamura MVY, Costa AN, Cerri GG, Nomura CH
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 27
- Thoracic imaging of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in children: a series of 91 cases.
- Authors: Caro-Dominguez P, Shelmerdine SC, Toso S, Secinaro A, Toma P, Damasio MB, Navallas M, Riaza-Martin L, Gomez-Pastrana D, Ghadimi Mahani M, Desoky SM, Ugas Charcape CF, Almanza-Aranda J, Ucar ME, Lovrenski J, Gorkem SB, Alexopoulou E, Ciet P, van Schuppen J, Ducou le Pointe H, Goo HW, Kellenberger CJ, Raissaki M, Owens CM, Hirsch FW, van Rijn RR, Collaborators of the European Society of Paediatric Radiology Cardiothoracic Task Force.
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- The Role of Non-Contrast Chest CT in Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pediatric Patients.
- Authors: Mathew RP, Jose M, Toms A
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Chest computed tomography (CT) features in children with reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)-confirmed COVID-19: A systematic review.
- Authors: Simoni P, Bazzocchi A, Boitsios G, De Leucio A, Preziosi M, Aparisi Gómez MP
- Issue date: 2020 Oct