Improving extracellular vesicles visualization: From static to motion
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn the last decade, extracellular vesicles (EVs) have become a hot topic. The findings on EVs content and effects have made them a major field of interest in cancer research. EVs, are able to be internalized through integrins expressed in parental cells, in a tissue specific manner, as a key step of cancer progression and pre-metastatic niche formation. However, this specificity might lead to new opportunities in cancer treatment by using EVs as devices for drug delivery. For future applications of EVs in cancer, improved protocols and methods for EVs isolation and visualization are required. Our group has put efforts on developing a protocol able to track the EVs for in vivo internalization analysis. We showed, for the first time, the videos of labeled EVs uptake by living lung cancer cells. Copyright 2020, The Author(s).
SponsorsUniversidad de Granada, UGR 2018/19; Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca sul Cancro, AIRC AUHA.15.12
Keywordin vivo internalization analysis
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85083631807&doi=10.1038%2fs41598-020-62920-0&partnerID=40&md5=950988b49295214878c27fc6e11593ff; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12688
- Extracellular vesicles of carcinoma-associated fibroblasts creates a pre-metastatic niche in the lung through activating fibroblasts.
- Authors: Kong J, Tian H, Zhang F, Zhang Z, Li J, Liu X, Li X, Liu J, Li X, Jin D, Yang X, Sun B, Guo T, Luo Y, Lu Y, Lin B, Liu T
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 3
- Brain metastases-derived extracellular vesicles induce binding and aggregation of low-density lipoprotein.
- Authors: Busatto S, Yang Y, Walker SA, Davidovich I, Lin WH, Lewis-Tuffin L, Anastasiadis PZ, Sarkaria J, Talmon Y, Wurtz G, Wolfram J
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 7
- Heterologous and cross-species tropism of cancer-derived extracellular vesicles.
- Authors: Garofalo M, Villa A, Crescenti D, Marzagalli M, Kuryk L, Limonta P, Mazzaferro V, Ciana P
- Issue date: 2019
- Immunomodulatory Effects of Pneumococcal Extracellular Vesicles on Cellular and Humoral Host Defenses.
- Authors: Codemo M, Muschiol S, Iovino F, Nannapaneni P, Plant L, Wai SN, Henriques-Normark B
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 10
- 3D visualization of extracellular vesicle uptake by endothelial cells.
- Authors: Durak-Kozica M, Baster Z, Kubat K, Stępień E
- Issue date: 2018