JournalMagnetic Resonance in Medicine
PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn vivo proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy and spectroscopic imaging (MRS/MRSI) are valuable tools to study normal and abnormal human brain physiology. However, they are sensitive to motion, due to strong crusher gradients, long acquisition times, reliance on high magnetic field homogeneity, and particular acquisition methods such as spectral editing. The effects of motion include incorrect spatial localization, phase fluctuations, incoherent averaging, line broadening, and ultimately quantitation errors. Several retrospective methods have been proposed to correct motion-related artifacts. Recent advances in hardware also allow prospective (real-time) correction of the effects of motion, including adjusting voxel location, center frequency, and magnetic field homogeneity. This article reviews prospective and retrospective methods available in the literature and their implications for clinical MRS/MRSI. In combination, these methods can attenuate or eliminate most motion-related artifacts and facilitate the acquisition of high-quality data in the clinical research setting.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85083506064&doi=10.1002%2fmrm.28287&partnerID=40&md5=26b6f68214957ee1ab81cc5a1c961db8; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12686
- Real-time motion- and B0-correction for LASER-localized spiral-accelerated 3D-MRSI of the brain at 3T.
- Authors: Bogner W, Hess AT, Gagoski B, Tisdall MD, van der Kouwe AJ, Trattnig S, Rosen B, Andronesi OC
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Prospective frequency and motion correction for edited (1)H magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Authors: Marsman A, Lind A, Petersen ET, Andersen M, Boer VO
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- 3D GABA imaging with real-time motion correction, shim update and reacquisition of adiabatic spiral MRSI.
- Authors: Bogner W, Gagoski B, Hess AT, Bhat H, Tisdall MD, van der Kouwe AJW, Strasser B, Marjańska M, Trattnig S, Grant E, Rosen B, Andronesi OC
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Prospective frequency correction using outer volume suppression-localized navigator for MR spectroscopy and spectroscopic imaging.
- Authors: Lee CY, Choi IY, Lee P
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Spectroscopic imaging with prospective motion correction and retrospective phase correction.
- Authors: Lange T, Maclaren J, Buechert M, Zaitsev M
- Issue date: 2012 Jun