PublishereLife Sciences Publications
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWikidata is a community-maintained knowledge base that has been assembled from repositories in the fields of genomics, proteomics, genetic variants, pathways, chemical compounds, and diseases, and that adheres to the FAIR principles of findability, accessibility, interoperability and reusability. Here we describe the breadth and depth of the biomedical knowledge contained within Wikidata, and discuss the open-source tools we have built to add information to Wikidata and to synchronize it with source databases. We also demonstrate several use cases for Wikidata, including the crowdsourced curation of biomedical ontologies, phenotype-based diagnosis of disease, and drug repurposing. Copyright 2020, Waagmeester et al.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85081974763&doi=10.7554%2feLife.52614&partnerID=40&md5=6faa6b94eb615d9119b19c4314f97e5c; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12462
- Wikidata: A large-scale collaborative ontological medical database.
- Authors: Turki H, Shafee T, Hadj Taieb MA, Ben Aouicha M, Vrandečić D, Das D, Hamdi H
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- FAIR principles and the IEDB: short-term improvements and a long-term vision of OBO-foundry mediated machine-actionable interoperability.
- Authors: Vita R, Overton JA, Mungall CJ, Sette A, Peters B
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 1
- Utilizing the Wikidata system to improve the quality of medical content in Wikipedia in diverse languages: a pilot study.
- Authors: Pfundner A, Schönberg T, Horn J, Boyce RD, Samwald M
- Issue date: 2015 May 5
- WikiGenomes: an open web application for community consumption and curation of gene annotation data in Wikidata.
- Authors: Putman TE, Lelong S, Burgstaller-Muehlbacher S, Waagmeester A, Diesh C, Dunn N, Munoz-Torres M, Stupp GS, Wu C, Su AI, Good BM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 1
- Wikidata as a semantic framework for the Gene Wiki initiative.
- Authors: Burgstaller-Muehlbacher S, Waagmeester A, Mitraka E, Turner J, Putman T, Leong J, Naik C, Pavlidis P, Schriml L, Good BM, Su AI
- Issue date: 2016