PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe recent emergence of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from the Hubei province in China in late 2019 demonstrates the epidemic potential of coronaviruses. The rapid spread of this virus across the world in only 2 months highlights the transmissibility of this family of viruses and the significant morbidity and mortality that they can cause. We highlight the current state of knowledge of coronavirus biology while answering questions concerning the current outbreak of SARS-CoV-2. Copyright 2020 Weston and Frieman.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85081995335&doi=10.1128%2fmSphere.00203-20&partnerID=40&md5=0989cd6822f4f5cdb9d3f419e2be2ba7; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12443
- The outbreak of the novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2): A review of the current global status.
- Authors: Bchetnia M, Girard C, Duchaine C, Laprise C
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Doubling Time of the COVID-19 Epidemic by Province, China.
- Authors: Muniz-Rodriguez K, Chowell G, Cheung CH, Jia D, Lai PY, Lee Y, Liu M, Ofori SK, Roosa KM, Simonsen L, Viboud C, Fung IC
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- [Etiology of epidemic outbreaks COVID-19 on Wuhan, Hubei province, Chinese People Republic associated with 2019-nCoV (Nidovirales, Coronaviridae, Coronavirinae, Betacoronavirus, Subgenus Sarbecovirus): lessons of SARS-CoV outbreak.]
- Authors: Lvov DK, Alkhovsky SV, Kolobukhina LV, Burtseva EI
- Issue date: 2020
- [Source of the COVID-19 pandemic: ecology and genetics of coronaviruses (Betacoronavirus: Coronaviridae) SARS-CoV, SARS-CoV-2 (subgenus Sarbecovirus), and MERS-CoV (subgenus Merbecovirus).]
- Authors: Lvov DK, Alkhovsky SV
- Issue date: 2020
- Geographical tracking and mapping of coronavirus disease COVID-19/severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) epidemic and associated events around the world: how 21st century GIS technologies are supporting the global fight against outbreaks and epidemics.
- Authors: Kamel Boulos MN, Geraghty EM
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 11