JournalNucleic Acids Research
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe PathoSystems Resource Integration Center (PATRIC) is one of eight Bioinformatics Resource Centers (BRCs) funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infection Diseases (NIAID) to create a data and analysis resource for selected NIAID priority pathogens, specifically proteobacteria of the genera Brucella, Rickettsia and Coxiella, and corona-, calici- and lyssaviruses and viruses associated with hepatitis A and E. The goal of the project is to provide a comprehensive bioinformatics resource for these pathogens, including consistently annotated genome, proteome and metabolic pathway data to facilitate research into counter-measures, including drugs, vaccines and diagnostics. The project's curation strategy has three prongs: 'breadth first' beginning with whole-genome and proteome curation using standardized protocols, a 'targeted' approach addressing the specific needs of researchers and an integrative strategy to leverage high-throughput experimental data (e.g. microarrays, proteomics) and literature. The PATRIC infrastructure consists of a relational database, analytical pipelines and a website which supports browsing, querying, data visualization and the ability to download raw and curated data in standard formats. At present, the site warehouses complete sequences for 17 bacterial and 332 viral genomes. The PATRIC website (https://patric.vbi.vt.edu) will continually grow with the addition of data, analysis and functionality over the course of the project.
SponsorsNational Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIAID: HHSN266200400035C
KeywordPathoSystems Resource Integration Center (PATRIC)
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-33846082223&doi=10.1093%2fnar%2fgkl858&partnerID=40&md5=9edea76e4060b839ed45a36060d89e42; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12435
- PATRIC, the bacterial bioinformatics database and analysis resource.
- Authors: Wattam AR, Abraham D, Dalay O, Disz TL, Driscoll T, Gabbard JL, Gillespie JJ, Gough R, Hix D, Kenyon R, Machi D, Mao C, Nordberg EK, Olson R, Overbeek R, Pusch GD, Shukla M, Schulman J, Stevens RL, Sullivan DE, Vonstein V, Warren A, Will R, Wilson MJ, Yoo HS, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Sobral BW
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Improvements to PATRIC, the all-bacterial Bioinformatics Database and Analysis Resource Center.
- Authors: Wattam AR, Davis JJ, Assaf R, Boisvert S, Brettin T, Bun C, Conrad N, Dietrich EM, Disz T, Gabbard JL, Gerdes S, Henry CS, Kenyon RW, Machi D, Mao C, Nordberg EK, Olsen GJ, Murphy-Olson DE, Olson R, Overbeek R, Parrello B, Pusch GD, Shukla M, Vonstein V, Warren A, Xia F, Yoo H, Stevens RL
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 4
- PATRIC: the comprehensive bacterial bioinformatics resource with a focus on human pathogenic species.
- Authors: Gillespie JJ, Wattam AR, Cammer SA, Gabbard JL, Shukla MP, Dalay O, Driscoll T, Hix D, Mane SP, Mao C, Nordberg EK, Scott M, Schulman JR, Snyder EE, Sullivan DE, Wang C, Warren A, Williams KP, Xue T, Yoo HS, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Will R, Kenyon RW, Sobral BW
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Curation, integration and visualization of bacterial virulence factors in PATRIC.
- Authors: Mao C, Abraham D, Wattam AR, Wilson MJ, Shukla M, Yoo HS, Sobral BW
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 15
- Assembly, Annotation, and Comparative Genomics in PATRIC, the All Bacterial Bioinformatics Resource Center.
- Authors: Wattam AR, Brettin T, Davis JJ, Gerdes S, Kenyon R, Machi D, Mao C, Olson R, Overbeek R, Pusch GD, Shukla MP, Stevens R, Vonstein V, Warren A, Xia F, Yoo H
- Issue date: 2018