Complete genomic sequence analysis of infectious bronchitis virus Ark DPI strain and its evolution by recombination
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn infectious bronchitis virus Arkansas DPI (Ark DPI) virulent strain was sequenced, analyzed and compared with many different IBV strains and coronaviruses. The genome of Ark DPI consists of 27,620 nucleotides, excluding poly (A) tail, and comprises ten open reading frames. Comparative sequence analysis of Ark DPI with other IBV strains shows striking similarity to the Conn, Gray, JMK, and Ark 99, which were circulating during that time period. Furthermore, comparison of the Ark genome with other coronaviruses demonstrates a close relationship to turkey coronavirus. Among non-structural genes, the 5'untranslated region (UTR), 3C-like proteinase (3CLpro) and the polymerase (RdRp) sequences are 100% identical to the Gray strain. Among structural genes, S1 has 97% identity with Ark 99; S2 has 100% identity with JMK and 96% to Conn; 3b 99%, and 3C to N is 100% identical to Conn strain. Possible recombination sites were found at the intergenic region of spike gene, 3'end of S1 and 3a gene. Independent recombination events may have occurred in the entire genome of Ark DPI, involving four different IBV strains, suggesting that genomic RNA recombination may occur in any part of the genome at number of sites. Hence, we speculate that the Ark DPI strain originated from the Conn strain, but diverged and evolved independently by point mutations and recombination between field strains. Copyright 2008 Ammayappan et al
KeywordArk DPI viruses
Infectious bronchitis virus
Whole Genome Sequencing
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-58549116727&doi=10.1186%2f1743-422X-5-157&partnerID=40&md5=205153a3960ecb781c4c2b3a4707d447; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12434
- Emergence of subtype strains of the Arkansas serotype of infectious bronchitis virus in Delmarva broiler chickens.
- Authors: Nix WA, Troeber DS, Kingham BF, Keeler CL Jr, Gelb J Jr
- Issue date: 2000 Jul-Sep
- Data from 11 years of molecular typing infectious bronchitis virus field isolates.
- Authors: Jackwood MW, Hilt DA, Lee CW, Kwon HM, Callison SA, Moore KM, Moscoso H, Sellers H, Thayer S
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- Complete genome sequences of two avian infectious bronchitis viruses isolated in Egypt: Evidence for genetic drift and genetic recombination in the circulating viruses.
- Authors: Abozeid HH, Paldurai A, Khattar SK, Afifi MA, El-Kady MF, El-Deeb AH, Samal SK
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- [Complete genomic analysis of a novel infectious bronchitis virus isolate].
- Authors: Hu BX, Yang SH, Zhang XM, Zhang W, Cao SJ, Xu CT, Huang QH, Zhang L, Huang YY, Wen XT
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Molecular characterization and pathogenicity of infectious bronchitis coronaviruses: complicated evolution and epidemiology in china caused by cocirculation of multiple types of infectious bronchitis coronaviruses.
- Authors: Liu S, Zhang X, Wang Y, Li C, Han Z, Shao Y, Li H, Kong X
- Issue date: 2009