Evaluation of SSYA10-001 as a replication inhibitor of severe acute respiratory syndrome, mouse hepatitis, and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronaviruses
JournalAntimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have previously shown that SSYA10-001 blocks severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) replication by inhibiting SARS-CoV helicase (nsp13). Here, we show that SSYA10-001 also inhibits replication of two other coronaviruses, mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) and Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV). A putative binding pocket for SSYA10-001 was identified and shown to be similar in SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and MHV helicases. These studies show that it is possible to target multiple coronaviruses through broad-spectrum inhibitors.
SponsorsNational Institutes of Health, NIH: P50GM103368, R01AI076119, R01AI095569, R01AI099284, R01AI100890, R21AI079801, R21AI112417, R33AI079801
mouse hepatitis virus
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus
Murine hepatitis virus
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-84903978961&doi=10.1128%2fAAC.02994-14&partnerID=40&md5=56a71c3c2340a0d8305b36eab098b4e3; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12416
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus replication inhibitor that interferes with the nucleic acid unwinding of the viral helicase.
- Authors: Adedeji AO, Singh K, Calcaterra NE, DeDiego ML, Enjuanes L, Weiss S, Sarafianos SG
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Small-Molecule Antiviral β-d-<i>N</i> <sup>4</sup>-Hydroxycytidine Inhibits a Proofreading-Intact Coronavirus with a High Genetic Barrier to Resistance.
- Authors: Agostini ML, Pruijssers AJ, Chappell JD, Gribble J, Lu X, Andres EL, Bluemling GR, Lockwood MA, Sheahan TP, Sims AC, Natchus MG, Saindane M, Kolykhalov AA, Painter GR, Baric RS, Denison MR
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 15
- Abelson Kinase Inhibitors Are Potent Inhibitors of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Fusion.
- Authors: Coleman CM, Sisk JM, Mingo RM, Nelson EA, White JM, Frieman MB
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 1
- Screening of an FDA-approved compound library identifies four small-molecule inhibitors of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus replication in cell culture.
- Authors: de Wilde AH, Jochmans D, Posthuma CC, Zevenhoven-Dobbe JC, van Nieuwkoop S, Bestebroer TM, van den Hoogen BG, Neyts J, Snijder EJ
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Alisporivir inhibits MERS- and SARS-coronavirus replication in cell culture, but not SARS-coronavirus infection in a mouse model.
- Authors: de Wilde AH, Falzarano D, Zevenhoven-Dobbe JC, Beugeling C, Fett C, Martellaro C, Posthuma CC, Feldmann H, Perlman S, Snijder EJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 15