JournalCurrent Protocols in Microbiology
PublisherBlackwell Publishing Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMiddle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) is an emerging highly pathogenic respiratory virus. Although MERS-CoV only emerged in 2012, we and others have developed assays to grow and quantify infectious MERS-CoV and RNA products of replication in vitro. MERS-CoV is able to infect a range of cell types, but replicates to high titers in Vero E6 cells. Protocols for the propagation and quantification of MERS-CoV are presented.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-84949220116&doi=10.1002%2f9780471729259.mc15e02s37&partnerID=40&md5=6f2999f2d1fafd854c3a3f11c62a3253; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12410
- Inactivation of Middle East respiratory syndrome-coronavirus in human plasma using amotosalen and ultraviolet A light.
- Authors: Hindawi SI, Hashem AM, Damanhouri GA, El-Kafrawy SA, Tolah AM, Hassan AM, Azhar EI
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Isolation and growth characterization of novel full length and deletion mutant human MERS-CoV strains from clinical specimens collected during 2015.
- Authors: Tamin A, Queen K, Paden CR, Lu X, Andres E, Sakthivel SK, Li Y, Tao Y, Zhang J, Kamili S, Assiri AM, Alshareef A, Alaifan TA, Altamimi AM, Jokhdar H, Watson JT, Gerber SI, Tong S, Thornburg NJ
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Performance and clinical validation of the RealStar MERS-CoV Kit for detection of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus RNA.
- Authors: Corman VM, Ölschläger S, Wendtner CM, Drexler JF, Hess M, Drosten C
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Inactivation of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in plasma products using a riboflavin-based and ultraviolet light-based photochemical treatment.
- Authors: Keil SD, Bowen R, Marschner S
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- The Endonucleolytic RNA Cleavage Function of nsp1 of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Promotes the Production of Infectious Virus Particles in Specific Human Cell Lines.
- Authors: Nakagawa K, Narayanan K, Wada M, Popov VL, Cajimat M, Baric RS, Makino S
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 1