MERS-CoV spike nanoparticles protect mice from MERS-CoV infection
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was first discovered in late 2012 and has gone on to cause over 1800 infections and 650 deaths. There are currently no approved therapeutics or vaccinations for MERS-CoV. The MERS-CoV spike (S) protein is responsible for receptor binding and virion entry to cells, is immunodominant and induces neutralizing antibodies in vivo, all of which, make the S protein an ideal target for anti-MERS-CoV vaccines. In this study, we demonstrate protection induced by vaccination with a recombinant MERS-CoV S nanoparticle vaccine and Matrix-M1 adjuvant combination in mice. The MERS-CoV S nanoparticle vaccine produced high titer anti-S neutralizing antibody and protected mice from MERS-CoV infection in vivo.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85013449789&doi=10.1016%2fj.vaccine.2017.02.012&partnerID=40&md5=36b4719ac14af1529f06399af9036bbd; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/12400
- The recombinant N-terminal domain of spike proteins is a potential vaccine against Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) infection.
- Authors: Jiaming L, Yanfeng Y, Yao D, Yawei H, Linlin B, Baoying H, Jinghua Y, Gao GF, Chuan Q, Wenjie T
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 3
- DNA vaccine encoding Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus S1 protein induces protective immune responses in mice.
- Authors: Chi H, Zheng X, Wang X, Wang C, Wang H, Gai W, Perlman S, Yang S, Zhao J, Xia X
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 11
- Single intranasal immunization with chimpanzee adenovirus-based vaccine induces sustained and protective immunity against MERS-CoV infection.
- Authors: Jia W, Channappanavar R, Zhang C, Li M, Zhou H, Zhang S, Zhou P, Xu J, Shan S, Shi X, Wang X, Zhao J, Zhou D, Perlman S, Zhang L
- Issue date: 2019
- Recombinant Receptor-Binding Domains of Multiple Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronaviruses (MERS-CoVs) Induce Cross-Neutralizing Antibodies against Divergent Human and Camel MERS-CoVs and Antibody Escape Mutants.
- Authors: Tai W, Wang Y, Fett CA, Zhao G, Li F, Perlman S, Jiang S, Zhou Y, Du L
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 1
- A Highly Immunogenic, Protective, and Safe Adenovirus-Based Vaccine Expressing Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus S1-CD40L Fusion Protein in a Transgenic Human Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Mouse Model.
- Authors: Hashem AM, Algaissi A, Agrawal AS, Al-Amri SS, Alhabbab RY, Sohrab SS, S Almasoud A, Alharbi NK, Peng BH, Russell M, Li X, Tseng CK
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 8