JournalAmerican Journal of Diseases of Children
PublisherAmerican Medical Association
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPediatricians are increasingly involved in the assessment of suspected child maltreatment. These assessments are a crucial component of the overall evaluation of the patient and provide the basis for interventions to protect the child. An accurate documentation of the pediatrician's assessment is important to convey the information to professionals in the public agencies involved, including the legal system. However, there may be uncertainty among pediatricians concerning what should be documented in the medical record in cases of child maltreatment. The objectives of this article are to provide a detailed but generic description of the information that should be gathered during the evaluation of children who show signs of any form of child abuse and neglect and to provide clear guidelines for the proper written documentation of child maltreatment. Copyright 1992, American Medical Association. All rights reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-0026736319&doi=10.1001%2farchpedi.1992.02160170076019&partnerID=40&md5=f22e32a1ae0b523f2f94a47906ac9b72; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11945
- [The pediatrician's role in the field of child maltreatment].
- Authors: Ben-Yehuda Y, Arazi T
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Legal Outcomes of Suspected Maltreatment Cases Evaluated by a Child Abuse Pediatrician as Part of a Multidisciplinary Team Investigation.
- Authors: Hendrix AD, Conway LK, Baxter MA
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Clinical report—the pediatrician’s role in child maltreatment prevention.
- Authors: Flaherty EG, Stirling J Jr, American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- A survey of pediatricians' attitudes and experiences with court in cases of child maltreatment.
- Authors: Theodore AD, Runyan DK
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- [Suspected child abuse in paediatric emergency service].
- Authors: Sabaté Rotés A, Sancosmed Ron M, Cebrián Rubio R, Canet Ponsa M, Martín González M
- Issue date: 2009 Jul