Parents' and teachers' concordance with children's self-ratings of suicidality: Findings from a high-risk sample
JournalSuicide and Life-Threatening Behavior
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis study examined concordance between adult and child reports of child suicidality using a sample of 1,046 8-year-old children at risk for, or having experienced, maltreatment. Concordance was low with both caregivers and teachers. For children reporting no suicidality, caregiver-child agreement was associated with few transitions in caregiver and low social withdrawal and aggression, and teacher-child agreement was associated with non-White ethnicity, good academic performance, and low thought problems. For children reporting suicidality, caregiver-child agreement was associated with perceptions of child mental health needs, aggression, and somatic complaints, and teacher-child agreement was associated with thought problems. Copyright 2006 The American Association of Suicidology.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-33744501233&doi=10.1521%2fsuli.2006.36.2.167&partnerID=40&md5=a99afdae12962ea309f31d8261d4c78c; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11891
- Teachers' perceptions of remediation possibilities of Dutch students in special education.
- Authors: Bakker JT, Bosman AM
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Behavior problems in young children: an analysis of cross-informant agreements and disagreements.
- Authors: Gross D, Fogg L, Garvey C, Julion W
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- [Parent- and teacher-reported behavior problems of first graders].
- Authors: Giovannini S, Haffner J, Parzer P, Steen R, Klett M, Resch F
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- Children's behavioural/emotional problems: a comparison of parents' and teachers' reports for elementary school-aged children.
- Authors: Kumpulainen K, Räsänen E, Henttonen I, Moilanen I, Piha J, Puura K, Tamminen T, Almqvist F
- Issue date: 1999
- Parent ratings of children's depression, anxiety, and aggression: a cross-sample analysis of agreement and differences with child and teacher ratings.
- Authors: Epkins CC
- Issue date: 1996 Nov