WSES consensus conference guidelines: Monitoring and management of severe adult traumatic brain injury patients with polytrauma in the first 24 hours
JournalWorld Journal of Emergency Surgery
PublisherBioMed Central Ltd.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe acute phase management of patients with severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) and polytrauma represents a major challenge. Guidelines for the care of these complex patients are lacking, and worldwide variability in clinical practice has been documented in recent studies. Consequently, the World Society of Emergency Surgery (WSES) decided to organize an international consensus conference regarding the monitoring and management of severe adult TBI polytrauma patients during the first 24 hours after injury. A modified Delphi approach was adopted, with an agreement cut-off of 70%. Forty experts in this field (emergency surgeons, neurosurgeons, and intensivists) participated in the online consensus process. Sixteen recommendations were generated, with the aim of promoting rational care in this difficult setting. Copyright 2019 The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85075893578&doi=10.1186%2fs13017-019-0270-1&partnerID=40&md5=5bd5ce01bd10492f9aa3dfb5b15f1338; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11520
- [Intracranial pressure monitoring in polytrauma patients with traumatic brain injury].
- Authors: Neubauer T, Buchinger W, Höflinger E, Brand J
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- A management algorithm for patients with intracranial pressure monitoring: the Seattle International Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Consensus Conference (SIBICC).
- Authors: Hawryluk GWJ, Aguilera S, Buki A, Bulger E, Citerio G, Cooper DJ, Arrastia RD, Diringer M, Figaji A, Gao G, Geocadin R, Ghajar J, Harris O, Hoffer A, Hutchinson P, Joseph M, Kitagawa R, Manley G, Mayer S, Menon DK, Meyfroidt G, Michael DB, Oddo M, Okonkwo D, Patel M, Robertson C, Rosenfeld JV, Rubiano AM, Sahuquillo J, Servadei F, Shutter L, Stein D, Stocchetti N, Taccone FS, Timmons S, Tsai E, Ullman JS, Vespa P, Videtta W, Wright DW, Zammit C, Chesnut RM
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- [Intensive care treatment of traumatic brain injury in multiple trauma patients : Decision making for complex pathophysiology].
- Authors: Trimmel H, Herzer G, Schöchl H, Voelckel WG
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- [Trends in computed tomography characteristics, intracranial pressure monitoring and surgical management in severe traumatic brain injury: Analysis of a data base of the past 25 years in a neurosurgery department].
- Authors: Gómez PA, Castaño-León AM, Lora D, Cepeda S, Lagares A
- Issue date: 2017 Jan - Feb
- Secondary stroke in patients with polytrauma and traumatic brain injury treated in an Intensive Care Unit, Karlovac General Hospital, Croatia.
- Authors: Belavić M, Jančić E, Mišković P, Brozović-Krijan A, Bakota B, Žunić J
- Issue date: 2015 Nov