• Dr. Milford “Mickey” M. Foxwell, Jr.’s Collection of Lecture Notes

      Wink, Tara (2020-06-01)
      This collection contains lecture notes collected by Dr. Milford M. Foxwell, Jr., University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM) Class of 1980, from courses with influential faculty members from the UMSOM and Washington Medical College of Baltimore, including Dr. Nathan Ryno Smith and Dr. Nathaniel Potter. It includes a series of lectures by Dr. John C.S. Monkur, Professor of Theory and Practice at Washington University of Baltimore, Medical Department. Finally, the collection contains a casebook with medical diagnoses of Dr. Cosmo G. Stevenson, a doctor in Baltimore.
    • Health Sciences and Human Services Library Records Finding Aid

      Wink, Tara (2019-12)
      The Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HS/HSL) is one of two libraries on the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s campus. The library traces its history back to 1813 and is believed to be the oldest library attached to a School of Medicine in the country. This collection contains materials from the HS/HSL including photographs, newsletters, and annual reports. The collection includes materials on the planning and building of two library buildings, as well as anniversary celebrations. The collection provides a glimpse into the history of the library and the University.
    • Women's Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital Records Finding Aid

      Wink, Tara (2018)
      The Women’s Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital Records contains materials relating to the operations and history of the organization which served the University of Maryland, Baltimore University Hospital and School of Medicine from 1887 to 1999. The Women’s Auxiliary Board of the University Hospital served as a fundraising and service arm of the University Hospital from its inception in 1887 until it was dissolved in 1999. This collection provides insight into the women who volunteered their time, money, and expertise to support the University Hospital and its patients. The records document an impactful organization in the history of the University of Maryland, Baltimore and its hospital.