Harvard HIV and aging workshop: Perspectives and Priorities from Claude D. Pepper Centers and Centers for AIDS Research
JournalAIDS Research and Human Retroviruses
PublisherMary Ann Liebert Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeople aging with HIV (PAWH) infection experience greater impairments in physical and cognitive function, in addition to higher rates of peripheral comorbid conditions (e.g., renal failure, diabetes, bone fracture, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, polypharmacy, and multimorbidity). While multifactorial drivers, including HIV infection itself, antiretroviral therapy-related toxicities, disparities in care, and biobehavioral factors, likely contribute, there remains an overarching question as to what are the relevant age-related mechanisms and models that could inform interventions that promote health span and life span in PAWH This workshop was convened to hear from experts on the biology of aging and HIV researchers studying PAWH to focus on advancing investigations at the interface of HIV and Aging. In this study, we summarize the discussions from the Harvard Center for AIDS Research and Boston Claude D. Pepper cosponsored workshop on HIV and Aging, which took place in October 2018.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85075093442&doi=10.1089%2faid.2019.0130&partnerID=40&md5=67680712d96d64942c816471a3a319b4; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11444
- Current Challenges and Solutions in Research and Clinical Care of Older Persons Living with HIV: Findings Presented at the 9th International Workshop on HIV and Aging.
- Authors: Sundermann EE, Erlandson KM, Pope CN, Rubtsova A, Montoya J, Moore AA, Marzolini C, O'Brien KK, Pahwa S, Payne BAI, Rubin LH, Walmsley S, Haughey NJ, Montano M, Karris MY, Margolick JB, Moore DJ
- Issue date: 2019 Nov/Dec
- Research priorities for rehabilitation and aging with HIV: a framework from the Canada-International HIV and Rehabilitation Research Collaborative (CIHRRC).
- Authors: O'Brien KK, Ibáñez-Carrasco F, Solomon P, Harding R, Brown D, Ahluwalia P, Chan Carusone S, Baxter L, Emlet C, Restall G, Casey A, Ahluwalia A, Quigley A, Terpstra AR, Ononiwu N
- Issue date: 2020 May 19
- The Interplay Between Frailty and Intrinsic Capacity in Aging and HIV Infection.
- Authors: Guaraldi G, Milic J
- Issue date: 2019 Nov/Dec
- Understanding mechanisms to promote successful aging in persons living with HIV.
- Authors: Escota GV, O'Halloran JA, Powderly WG, Presti RM
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- [HIV/AIDS related frailty syndrome in the elderly and related research progress].
- Authors: Tan H, Wu WZ, Zhao Q, Hong ZC, Feng JY, Zeng H
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 10