de Ferranti, S.D.
COMMITTEE ON NUTRITION SECTION ON GASTROENTEROLOGY HEPATOLOGY AND NUTRITION
PublisherAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe prevalence of nonnutritive sweeteners (NNSs) in the food supply has increased over time. Not only are more children and adolescents consuming NNSs, but they are also consuming a larger quantity of NNSs in the absence of strong scientific evidence to refute or support the safety of these agents. This policy statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics is intended to provide the pediatric provider with a review of (1) previous steps taken for approved use of NNSs, (2) existing data regarding the safety of NNS use in the general pediatric population, (3) what is known regarding the potential benefits and/or adverse effects of NNS use in children and adolescents, (4) identified gaps in existing knowledge and potential areas of future research, and (5) suggested talking points that pediatricians may use when discussing NNS use with families.
Non-Nutritive Sweeteners--adverse effects
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85074445550&doi=10.1542%2fpeds.2019-2765&partnerID=40&md5=4502040ab38d9622f793995d87d8aa6c; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11416
- The paradox of artificial sweeteners in managing obesity.
- Authors: Roberts JR
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- The Use of Non-Nutritive and Low-Calorie Sweeteners in 19,915 Local and Imported Pre-Packaged Foods in Hong Kong.
- Authors: O BYS, Coyle DH, Dunford EK, Wu JHY, Louie JCY
- Issue date: 2021 May 29
- Metabolic effects of non-nutritive sweeteners.
- Authors: Pepino MY
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 1
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: use of nutritive and nonnutritive sweeteners.
- Authors: Fitch C, Keim KS, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Non-nutritive sweeteners: children and adolescent consumption and food sources.
- Authors: Garavaglia MB, Rodríguez García V, Zapata ME, Rovirosa A, González V, Flax Marcó F, Carmuega E
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1