Novel activators and small-molecule inhibitors of STAT3 in cancer
JournalCytokine and Growth Factor Reviews
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExcessive activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) signaling is observed in a subset of many cancers, making activated STAT3 a highly promising potential therapeutic target supported by multiple preclinical and clinical studies. However, early-phase clinical trials have produced mixed results with STAT3-targeted cancer therapies, revealing substantial complexity to targeting aberrant STAT3 signaling. This review discusses the diverse mechanisms of oncogenic activation of STAT3, and the small molecule inhibitors of STAT3 in cancer treatment. Copyright 2019 The Authors
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by the Medical Scientific Research Fund of Zhejiang Province ( 2019322308 ), Wenzhou science and technology project ( Y20170280 and Y20190179 ) and Science and Technology Innovation Activity Plan for College Students of Zhejiang Province ( 2019R413083 ).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85074388009&doi=10.1016%2fj.cytogfr.2019.10.005&partnerID=40&md5=b5d2280718ad7a2c0f68500f24bd1ca6; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11398
- Small molecule inhibitors of STAT3 for cancer therapy.
- Authors: Zhao M, Jiang B, Gao FH
- Issue date: 2011
- Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription Protein 3 (STAT3): An Update on its Direct Inhibitors as Promising Anticancer Agents.
- Authors: Gelain A, Mori M, Meneghetti F, Villa S
- Issue date: 2019
- Identification and characterization of small molecule inhibitors of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) signaling pathway by virtual screening.
- Authors: Zhang M, Zhu W, Ding N, Zhang W, Li Y
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 1
- Discovery of novel inhibitors of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) signaling pathway by virtual screening.
- Authors: Zhang M, Zhu W, Li Y
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Identification of novel small molecules that inhibit STAT3-dependent transcription and function.
- Authors: Kolosenko I, Yu Y, Busker S, Dyczynski M, Liu J, Haraldsson M, Palm Apergi C, Helleday T, Tamm KP, Page BDG, Grander D
- Issue date: 2017