Novel activators and small-molecule inhibitors of STAT3 in cancer
JournalCytokine and Growth Factor Reviews
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExcessive activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) signaling is observed in a subset of many cancers, making activated STAT3 a highly promising potential therapeutic target supported by multiple preclinical and clinical studies. However, early-phase clinical trials have produced mixed results with STAT3-targeted cancer therapies, revealing substantial complexity to targeting aberrant STAT3 signaling. This review discusses the diverse mechanisms of oncogenic activation of STAT3, and the small molecule inhibitors of STAT3 in cancer treatment. Copyright 2019 The Authors
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by the Medical Scientific Research Fund of Zhejiang Province ( 2019322308 ), Wenzhou science and technology project ( Y20170280 and Y20190179 ) and Science and Technology Innovation Activity Plan for College Students of Zhejiang Province ( 2019R413083 ).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85074388009&doi=10.1016%2fj.cytogfr.2019.10.005&partnerID=40&md5=b5d2280718ad7a2c0f68500f24bd1ca6; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11398
- Identification of Niclosamide as a New Small-Molecule Inhibitor of the STAT3 Signaling Pathway.
- Authors: Ren X, Duan L, He Q, Zhang Z, Zhou Y, Wu D, Pan J, Pei D, Ding K
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 9
- Role of STAT3 signaling pathway in breast cancer.
- Authors: Ma JH, Qin L, Li X
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 28
- Advances and challenges in targeting FGFR signalling in cancer.
- Authors: Babina IS, Turner NC
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Targeting Stat3 blocks both HIF-1 and VEGF expression induced by multiple oncogenic growth signaling pathways.
- Authors: Xu Q, Briggs J, Park S, Niu G, Kortylewski M, Zhang S, Gritsko T, Turkson J, Kay H, Semenza GL, Cheng JQ, Jove R, Yu H
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 25
- Targeting STAT3 in cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Authors: Gharibi T, Babaloo Z, Hosseini A, Abdollahpour-Alitappeh M, Hashemi V, Marofi F, Nejati K, Baradaran B
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 5