JournalAmerican Journal of Pharmaceutical Education
PublisherAmerican Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractObjective. To define quality and associated metrics related to Doctor of Pharmacy degree programs. Methods. A three round Delphi process and online survey tool were employed to constitute and query an expert panel of randomly selected pharmacy deans representing a proportional share of public and private schools. Participants were asked about measures used to evaluate the quality of their schools; agreement was assessed for each quality category and metric identified; rankings were reported in order of importance. Results. Deans from 15 public pharmacy schools and 17 private pharmacy schools agreed to participate. Nine quality categories and 35 specific quality metrics were identified. Both public and private school leaders identified and agreed on nine categories of quality measures, with "placement" ranked as the most important measurement category. Conclusion. Identifying categories and metrics to assess quality may provide a foundation from which to compare quality across institutions.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85038433502&doi=10.5688%2fajpe6071&partnerID=40&md5=bcec495c18f9bd28550918b31e67b86f; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11308
- A Survey of Pharmacy Education in Thailand.
- Authors: Chanakit T, Low BY, Wongpoowarak P, Moolasarn S, Anderson C
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 15
- Teaching evaluation practices in colleges and schools of pharmacy.
- Authors: Barnett CW, Matthews HW
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 1
- Use of simulation-based teaching methodologies in US colleges and schools of pharmacy.
- Authors: Vyas D, Bray BS, Wilson MN
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 12
- Pharmacoeconomics education in US colleges and schools of pharmacy.
- Authors: Makhinova T, Rascati K
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 12
- Educating Pharmacy Students to Improve Quality (EPIQ) in colleges and schools of pharmacy.
- Authors: Gilligan AM, Myers J, Nash JD, Lavigne JE, Moczygemba LR, Plake KS, Quiñones-Boex AC, Holdford D, West-Strum D, Warholak TL
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 10