"Big eight" recommendations for improving the effectiveness of the U.S. behavioral health care system
PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe purpose of this Open Forum is to highlight strategies that can be implemented by federal health care policymakers to improve the delivery of effective behavioral health care services in the public and private sectors. The recommendations can be accomplished by using existing funds or authorities allocated to federal agencies dealing with the behavioral health system. These recommendations do not require new or additional funding and focus on strategies with a track record for success. The strategies described require relatively small changes but have the potential for big impacts.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85014093506&doi=10.1176%2fappi.ps.201500532&partnerID=40&md5=eb1770c70a33cc7d894a105512ea8647; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11290
- Greece: Health system review.
- Authors: Economou C
- Issue date: 2010
- Measuring Performance in Psychiatry: A Call to Action.
- Authors: Glied SA, Stein BD, McGuire TG, Beale RR, Duffy FF, Shugarman S, Goldman HH
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 1
- Improving system of care for older adults with mental illness in the United States. Findings and recommendations for the President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health.
- Authors: Bartels SJ
- Issue date: 2003 Sep-Oct
- Medicaid behavioral health carve-outs: a new generation of privatization decisions.
- Authors: Donohue JM, Frank RG
- Issue date: 2000 Nov
- Public and private donor financing for health in developing countries.
- Authors: Howard LM
- Issue date: 1991 Jun