Expression level of human TLR4 rather than sequence is the key determinant of LPS responsiveness
PublisherPublic Library of Science
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo address the role of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in lipopolysaccharide (LPS) recognition, we generated mice that differed only in the sequence of TLR4. We used a bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) transgenic approach and TLR4/ MD-2 knockout mice to specifically examine the role of human TLR4 variants in recognition of LPS. Using in vitro and in vivo assays we found that the expression level rather than the sequence of TLR4 played a larger role in recognition of LPS, especially hypoacylated LPS. Copyright 2017 Hajjar et al.
Toll-Like Receptor 4--genetics
Toll-Like Receptor 4--metabolism
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85031013831&doi=10.1371%2fjournal.pone.0186308&partnerID=40&md5=5eb3b09ccc380c534b8060eab772fd46; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/11281
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa lipopolysaccharide induces osteoclastogenesis through a toll-like receptor 4 mediated pathway in vitro and in vivo.
- Authors: Zhuang L, Jung JY, Wang EW, Houlihan P, Ramos L, Pashia M, Chole RA
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Intracellular TLR4/MD-2 in macrophages senses Gram-negative bacteria and induces a unique set of LPS-dependent genes.
- Authors: Shibata T, Motoi Y, Tanimura N, Yamakawa N, Akashi-Takamura S, Miyake K
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Differential activation of human TLR4 by Escherichia coli and Shigella flexneri 2a lipopolysaccharide: combined effects of lipid A acylation state and TLR4 polymorphisms on signaling.
- Authors: Rallabhandi P, Awomoyi A, Thomas KE, Phalipon A, Fujimoto Y, Fukase K, Kusumoto S, Qureshi N, Sztein MB, Vogel SN
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 15
- Toll-like receptor 2 impairs host defense in gram-negative sepsis caused by Burkholderia pseudomallei (Melioidosis).
- Authors: Wiersinga WJ, Wieland CW, Dessing MC, Chantratita N, Cheng AC, Limmathurotsakul D, Chierakul W, Leendertse M, Florquin S, de Vos AF, White N, Dondorp AM, Day NP, Peacock SJ, van der Poll T
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 31
- Toll-like receptor 4 siRNA attenuates LPS-induced secretion of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines by macrophages.
- Authors: Xu Z, Huang CX, Li Y, Wang PZ, Ren GL, Chen CS, Shang FJ, Zhang Y, Liu QQ, Jia ZS, Nie QH, Sun YT, Bai XF
- Issue date: 2007 Jul