JournalMolecular Medicine Reports
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRegulatory B cells (Bregs) are a subset of B cells, which reportedly exert significant immunomodulatory effects through the production of interleukin (IL)-10, IL-35 and transforming growth factor‑β. Over the last decade, studies have indicated that Bregs function in autoimmune and allergic diseases through antigen-specific and non-specific immunoregulatory mechanisms. However, only a limited number of reviews have focused on the role of Bregs during infection, particularly their functions in intracellular infections. The present review discusses the role of Bregs in infectious diseases in animal models and human studies, and provides an overview of the immunoregulatory mechanisms used by Bregs.
SponsorsThis study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant nos. 81273237, 81570009 and 30972779), the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province (grant no. 2015A030313513), the Key Project of Science and Technology Innovation from Education Department of Guangdong Province (grant no. 2012KJCX0059), the Science and Technology Project of Dongguan (grant no. 201450715200503), the Science and Technology Project of Zhanjiang (grant no. 2013C03012) and the Science and Technology Innovation Fund of GDMC (grant nos. STIF201110 and B2012078).
Regulatory B cells
Transforming Growth Factors
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85020706102&doi=10.3892%2fmmr.2017.6605&partnerID=40&md5=db6681b19e3dfe5aaace8f96d64bfaf5; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10994
- Regulatory B cells are enriched within the IgM memory and transitional subsets in healthy donors but are deficient in chronic GVHD.
- Authors: Khoder A, Sarvaria A, Alsuliman A, Chew C, Sekine T, Cooper N, Mielke S, de Lavallade H, Muftuoglu M, Fernandez Curbelo I, Liu E, Muraro PA, Alousi A, Stringaris K, Parmar S, Shah N, Shaim H, Yvon E, Molldrem J, Rouce R, Champlin R, McNiece I, Mauri C, Shpall EJ, Rezvani K
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 25
- Regulatory roles of B cells in infectious diseases.
- Authors: Fillatreau S
- Issue date: 2016 Jul-Aug
- Regulatory B cell: New member of immunosuppressive cell club.
- Authors: Ding T, Yan F, Cao S, Ren X
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- The roles of regulatory B cells in cancer.
- Authors: He Y, Qian H, Liu Y, Duan L, Li Y, Shi G
- Issue date: 2014
- The expanding family of noncanonical regulatory cell subsets.
- Authors: Zhao H, Feng R, Peng A, Li G, Zhou L
- Issue date: 2019 Aug