Joint European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR) and International Society for Forensic Radiology and Imaging (ISFRI) guidelines: paediatric postmortem computed tomography imaging protocol
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPostmortem CT for investigating childhood deaths is increasingly utilised as a noninvasive adjunct or alternative to standard autopsy; however there are no standardised published imaging protocols. This article describes a standardised imaging protocol that has been developed based on current practices of international postmortem imaging practitioners and experts. This recommendation is expected to be useful for postmortem imaging centres wishing to update their existing practices and for those starting paediatric postmortem CT as a new service. Copyright 2019, The Author(s).
SponsorsDr. Susan C. Shelmerdine is supported by a Research Councils United Kingdom and United Kingdom Research and Innovation Fellowship, and Medical Research Council Clinical Research Training Fellowship (Grant Ref: MR/R00218/1).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85064256372&doi=10.1007%2fs00247-018-04340-x&partnerID=40&md5=572b6a5353fb1a9608438019431ddc30; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10670
- Current state of perinatal postmortem magnetic resonance imaging: European Society of Paediatric Radiology questionnaire-based survey and recommendations.
- Authors: Whitby E, Offiah AC, Shelmerdine SC, van Rijn RR, Aertsen M, Klein WM, Perry D, Goergen SK, Abel C, Taranath A, Gascho D, Miller E, Arthurs OJ
- Issue date: 2021 May
- ESPR postmortem imaging task force: where we begin.
- Authors: Arthurs OJ, van Rijn RR, Whitby EH, Johnson K, Miller E, Stenzel M, Watt A, Taranath A, Perry DH
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Current status of paediatric post-mortem imaging: an ESPR questionnaire-based survey.
- Authors: Arthurs OJ, van Rijn RR, Sebire NJ
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Imaging in forensic radiology: an illustrated guide for postmortem computed tomography technique and protocols.
- Authors: Flach PM, Gascho D, Schweitzer W, Ruder TD, Berger N, Ross SG, Thali MJ, Ampanozi G
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Normal pediatric postmortem CT appearances.
- Authors: Klein WM, Bosboom DG, Koopmanschap DH, Nievelstein RA, Nikkels PG, van Rijn RR
- Issue date: 2015 Apr