JournalJournal of Emergency Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe number of allopathic emergency medicine (EM) programs has been progressively increasing over the years. In 2018, allopathic EM postgraduate year-1 spots, compared with 2012, increased by around 60% to reach 2278 positions. EM is considered a competitive specialty and therefore, in this article we help guide students interested in EM through the allopathic match requirements, application process, interviews, and ranking EM programs. Additionally, we tackle the combined emergency medicine residency programs, namely the combined EM-Family Medicine (FM), EM-Anesthesiology, EM-Internal Medicine (IM), EM-IM-Critical Care Medicine, and EM-Pediatrics residency programs. Finally, we explain the increased likelihood of matching with the single graduate medical education accreditation system expected to happen in the year 2020. Copyright 2018 The Authors
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85059077459&doi=10.1016%2fj.jemermed.2018.11.002&partnerID=40&md5=0122ad33e2a99b1182a758deb065d98c; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10551
- The Osteopathic Applicant.
- Authors: Hansen E, Pilarski A, Plasner S, Cheaito MA, Epter M, Kazzi A
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Should osteopathic students applying to allopathic emergency medicine programs take the USMLE Exam?
- Authors: Weizberg M, Kass D, Husain A, Cohen J, Hahn B
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Evaluating the Influence of Research on Match Success for Osteopathic and Allopathic Applicants to Residency Programs.
- Authors: Matthews CN, Estrada DC, George-Weinstein M, Claeson KM, Roberts MB
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 1
- Preparing Osteopathic Students for the Single Graduate Medical Education Accreditation System: Evaluating Factors for Match Success in Emergency Medicine.
- Authors: Stobart-Gallagher M, O'Connell A
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Approaching the Single Accreditation System: Curricular Variation in Allopathic, Osteopathic, and Dually Accredited Family Medicine Residency Programs.
- Authors: Mims LD, Wannamaker LR, Bressler LC
- Issue date: 2015 Sep