Aminophylline shortage and current recommendations for reversal of vasodilator stress: An ASNC information statement endorsed by SCMR
JournalJournal of Nuclear Cardiology
PublisherSpringer New York LLC
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPharmacologic reversal of serious or intolerable side effects (SISEs) from vasodilator stress is an important safety and comfort measure for patients experiencing such effects. While typically performed using intravenous aminophylline, recurrent shortages of this agent have led to a greater need to limit its use and consider alternative agents. This information statement provides background and recommendations addressing indications for vasodilator reversal, timing of a reversal agent, incidence of observed SISE with vasodilator stress, clinical and logistical considerations for aminophylline-based reversal, and alternative non-aminophylline based reversal protocols. Copyright 2018, The Author(s).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85058976396&doi=10.1007%2fs12350-018-01548-0&partnerID=40&md5=0b3d89db1a6bb63e685bdea035d29f8d; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10546
- Aminophylline shortage and current recommendations for reversal of vasodilator stress: an ASNC information statement endorsed by SCMR.
- Authors: Abidov A, Dilsizian V, Doukky R, Duvall WL, Dyke C, Elliott MD, Hage FG, Henzlova MJ, Johnson NP, Schwartz RG, Thomas GS, Einstein AJ
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 20
- Aminophylline and caffeine for reversal of adverse symptoms associated with regadenoson SPECT MPI.
- Authors: Doran JA, Sajjad W, Schneider MD, Gupta R, Mackin ML, Schwartz RG
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Detrimental effects of nitroglycerin use during regadenoson vasodilator stress testing: A cautionary tale.
- Authors: Agrawal V, Hosey C, Smith GT, Shah C
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- The impact of regimented aminophylline use on extracardiac radioisotope activity in patients undergoing regadenoson stress SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging: a substudy of the ASSUAGE trial.
- Authors: Ballany W, Mansour K, Morales Demori R, Al-Amoodi M, Doukky R
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Theophylline and Caffeine as Alternatives During an Aminophylline Shortage.
- Authors: Singleton EL, Le N, Ness GL
- Issue date: 2019 Mar