JournalHypertension (Dallas, Tex. : 1979)
PublisherAmerican Heart Association
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs part of the process of developing the 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Associations (ACC/AHA) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Hypertension guidelines, it was resolved to assure that recommendations for hypertension evaluation and treatment be consistent across the transition from adolescence to adulthood.1,2 The ACC/AHA Task Force appointed one of its members (S. Gidding) to be a liaison to the writing groups for both of the guidelines and to assist with the development process. The purpose of this paper is to describe that process and to underscore areas of agreement and disagreement between the 2 guidelines. Formal aspects of the process included periodic conference calls (attended by staff leadership for each guideline, the liaison, and key writing group members), establishment of confidentiality agreements regarding guideline content so that subject matter could be shared, and participation in review processes during the finalization of both documents before publication. In face-to-face meetings and email communications of each panel, the liaison was able to share content between the committees facilitate the process and resolve potential discrepancies.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85064726636&doi=10.1161%2fHYPERTENSIONAHA.119.12653&partnerID=40&md5=e3c1229c5316d879da5704a9d1aba11e; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10544
- Evidence based treatment of hypertension. Measurement of blood pressure: an evidence based review.
- Authors: McAlister FA, Straus SE
- Issue date: 2001 Apr 14
- New Targets in Arterial Hypertension, Are They Justified?
- Authors: Barrios V, Escobar C
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Problems and Solutions in Implementing the World Hypertension League Recommendations for Automated Office Assessment of Blood Pressure.
- Authors: Veiga EV, Daniel AC, Bortolloto LA, Machado CA, Plavinik FL, CláudiaIrigoyen M, Campbell N, Kenerson J, Cloutier L
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- From the Editor.
- Authors: Levy D
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Hypertension in older adults: What is the target blood pressure?
- Authors: Garg A, Messinger-Rapport BJ
- Issue date: 2018 Mar