JournalAmerican Journal of Nephrology
PublisherS. Karger AG
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComplement activation occurs in many glomerular diseases, the exact pathway(s) of activation has been studied in detail in some diseases but not in all. C4d is generated by the activation of classical and lectin pathways, and its presence can point to the activation of either of these pathways. This review aims to summarize the available data with regard to the deposition of glomerular C4d in native kidney biopsies in different glomerular pathologies that may be useful for future research into the role of complement activation in glomerular diseases. While there is more information on C4d in certain diseases (e.g., Immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy), there is scant data in other diseases (such as focal segmental glomerulosclerosis).
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85059880227&doi=10.1159%2f000496059&partnerID=40&md5=2d6b0f0adcf5a1adc9efbc040a93506f; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10163
- Glomerular C4d deposition can precede the development of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
- Authors: van de Lest NA, Zandbergen M, Wolterbeek R, Kreutz R, Trouw LA, Dorresteijn EM, Bruijn JA, Bajema IM, Scharpfenecker M, Chua JS
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- IgA nephropathy: association of C4d with clinical and histopathological findings and possible role of IgM.
- Authors: Heybeli C, Unlu M, Yildiz S, Çavdar C, Sarioglu S, Camsari T
- Issue date: 2015
- Immunoglobulin a nephropathy: Pathological markers of renal survival in paediatric patients.
- Authors: Fabiano RC, Pinheiro SV, de Almeida Araújo S, Simões E Silva AC
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- C4d as a Diagnostic Tool in Proliferative GN.
- Authors: Sethi S, Nasr SH, De Vriese AS, Fervenza FC
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Classical pathway of complement activation in normal and diseased human glomeruli.
- Authors: Zwirner J, Felber E, Herzog V, Riethmüller G, Feucht HE
- Issue date: 1989 Dec