A promiscuous kinase inhibitor reveals secrets to cancer cell survival
JournalJournal of Biological Chemistry
PublisherAmerican Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Inc.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDeregulated kinase signaling networks drive the growth and survival of many cancer cells. However, the genetic complexity and rapidly evolving nature of most cancer cells create challenges when identifying the most relevant kinases to inhibit to achieve optimal therapeutic benefits. A new strategy that takes advantage of a well-characterized multitargeted kinase inhibitor describes a nongenetic approach to tease out key kinases that promote proliferation of specific cancer cell types. Copyright 2019 Shapiro.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85066943033&doi=10.1074%2fjbc.H119.009103&partnerID=40&md5=9e52f0e53f6ddfae7644b88ef19f9501; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10157
- Evaluating the promiscuous nature of tyrosine kinase inhibitors assessed in A431 epidermoid carcinoma cells by both chemical- and phosphoproteomics.
- Authors: Giansanti P, Preisinger C, Huber KV, Gridling M, Superti-Furga G, Bennett KL, Heck AJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 18
- Anchor-based classification and type-C inhibitors for tyrosine kinases.
- Authors: Hsu KC, Sung TY, Lin CT, Chiu YY, Hsu JT, Hung HC, Sun CM, Barve I, Chen WL, Huang WC, Huang CT, Chen CH, Yang JM
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 16
- B-cell antigen receptor signaling enhances chronic lymphocytic leukemia cell migration and survival: specific targeting with a novel spleen tyrosine kinase inhibitor, R406.
- Authors: Quiroga MP, Balakrishnan K, Kurtova AV, Sivina M, Keating MJ, Wierda WG, Gandhi V, Burger JA
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 30
- Tyrosine kinases as molecular targets to inhibit cancer progression and metastasis.
- Authors: Cepero V, Sierra JR, Giordano S
- Issue date: 2010
- Effects of multi and selective targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitors on function and signaling of different bladder cancer cells.
- Authors: Hänze J, Kessel F, Di Fazio P, Hofmann R, Hegele A
- Issue date: 2018 Oct