Multicenter study of outcomes with ceftazidime-avibactam in patients with carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae infections
JournalAntimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCeftazidime-avibactam is a novel cephalosporin-beta-lactamase inhibitor combination that is active against many carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE). We describe a retrospective chart review for 60 patients who received ceftazidime-avibactam for a CRE infection. In-hospital mortality was 32%, 53% of patients had microbiological cure, and 65% had clinical success. In this severely ill population with CRE infections, ceftazidime-avibactam was an appropriate option. Copyright 2017 American Society for Microbiology. All Rights Reserved.
Identifier to cite or link to this itemhttps://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85021996891&doi=10.1128%2fAAC.00449-17&partnerID=40&md5=dadedb5eb52f88bda735658508ddcf30; http://hdl.handle.net/10713/10125
- Clinical experience with ceftazidime/avibactam for treatment of antibiotic-resistant organisms other than Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Authors: Santevecchi BA, Smith TT, MacVane SH
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Treating complicated carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae infections with ceftazidime/avibactam: a retrospective study with molecular strain characterisation.
- Authors: Krapp F, Grant JL, Sutton SH, Ozer EA, Barr VO
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Clinical characteristics and prognosis of infections caused by OXA-48 carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in patients treated with ceftazidime-avibactam.
- Authors: De la Calle C, Rodríguez O, Morata L, Marco F, Cardozo C, García-Vidal C, Río AD, Feher C, Pellicé M, Puerta-Alcalde P, Mensa J, Soriano A, Martínez JA
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Colistin Versus Ceftazidime-Avibactam in the Treatment of Infections Due to Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae.
- Authors: van Duin D, Lok JJ, Earley M, Cober E, Richter SS, Perez F, Salata RA, Kalayjian RC, Watkins RR, Doi Y, Kaye KS, Fowler VG Jr, Paterson DL, Bonomo RA, Evans S, Antibacterial Resistance Leadership Group.
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 6
- Clinical Outcomes, Drug Toxicity, and Emergence of Ceftazidime-Avibactam Resistance Among Patients Treated for Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Infections.
- Authors: Shields RK, Potoski BA, Haidar G, Hao B, Doi Y, Chen L, Press EG, Kreiswirth BN, Clancy CJ, Nguyen MH
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 15